Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap >

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap

Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM

Hi Mikki,

I was at Joann's Fabric store to day and ran across a bolt of this fabric. I bought 3 more yards so now I have enough for it to be a player in my quilt!... or at least the backing side. Anyway, just to let you know it is still out there...

hugs, Jup

I'm totally loving this fabric...where can I get it?
Do you have a name or designer?
Thanks,
Mikki[/quote]
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 PM

:roll:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Originally Posted by marcias
defeated...taking ulcer medicine...going to do a simple block. Sorry, Dee. I'll try the wings again in a month or two...or three when I feel less frustrated.
Marcia: Now I am scared!!!! I love the colors!! Rhonda: I printed out the paper template you posted for Marcia while your real templates are on the way to me. Suzi: I might need to start with something easier????? I am going to try to make a sample wing block before I attempt the real one for Suzi. (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!) If it kicks my b......., I'll will let you know. Carole
Hi everyone! I'm excited for this swap! I just finished all of my sections for the star point block I made for Carsey this month. I don't have a 60 degree ruler so can't make the wings block this time, I'm sorry Carsey :( . My DH said he'd help me try to figure the 60 degrees out on my ruler, but is really unsure about it. Rhonda, do you have a template for this one?? I received all the other templates you sent, thank you so much!!

I'm almost done Carsey, just have to sew the pieces together. My DH said the block layout is beautiful so I hope you like it too!

Rhonda, do I post a pics of my finished blocks here or do my partners post the block when they receive them???
Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
Originally Posted by Carsey
Originally Posted by marcias
defeated...taking ulcer medicine...going to do a simple block. Sorry, Dee. I'll try the wings again in a month or two...or three when I feel less frustrated.
Marcia: Now I am scared!!!! I love the colors!! Rhonda: I printed out the paper template you posted for Marcia while your real templates are on the way to me. Suzi: I might need to start with something easier????? I am going to try to make a sample wing block before I attempt the real one for Suzi. (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!) If it kicks my b......., I'll will let you know. Carole
Hi everyone! I'm excited for this swap! I just finished all of my sections for the star point block I made for Carsey this month. I don't have a 60 degree ruler so can't make the wings block this time, I'm sorry Carsey :( . My DH said he'd help me try to figure the 60 degrees out on my ruler, but is really unsure about it. Rhonda, do you have a template for this one?? I received all the other templates you sent, thank you so much!!

I'm almost done Carsey, just have to sew the pieces together. My DH said the block layout is beautiful so I hope you like it too!

Rhonda, do I post a pics of my finished blocks here or do my partners post the block when they receive them???
Just go and print off the paper templates I posted and you can cut out the swatch part without having to have a template or ruler for that angle cut. Besides I think it is a 30 degree anyway. I confuse myself on that all the time but I am pretty sure it is 30. I think I originally posted it as 60 but it isn't.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-104927-1.htm

As for posting your pics I think just like the Doll Quilt Swap I will leave that up to you and your partner. If your partner would like you to post it by all means post it but if you partner would rather it be a surprise then wait til she gets it first.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 AM

Okay, thanks Rhonda!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:46 AM

Oh, I am so excited for you and all of us, Iluv2quilt. The 1st finished block. Pls. hurry and send it to Carsey so we can see it. That is so inspiring.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:59 PM

I just finished making my first ever "Rhonda Style" block. I used the "Claudia" pattern. I made it in my own colors for a tester, before making anything for anyone else. I think it turned out really nice! I don't have enough contrast between the black and dark brown fabrics, but thats not too bad. I was impressed that almost all my points came together. I was really impressed when, after it was finished and I took a look at it... I made a 12" block out of 36 little-pieced 2" blocks! I would have told you before, that I couldn't do anything like that and have it turn out!

Rhonda, YOU ROCK !!!!!

hugs, Jupiter
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116696.jpe  
Old 03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jupiter
I just finished making my first ever "Rhonda Style" block. I used the "Claudia" pattern. I made it in my own colors for a tester, before making anything for anyone else. I think it turned out really nice! I don't have enough contrast between the black and dark brown fabrics, but thats not too bad. I was impressed that almost all my points came together. I was really impressed when, after it was finished and I took a look at it... I made a 12" block out of 36 little-pieced 2" blocks! I would have told you before, that I couldn't do anything like that and have it turn out!

Rhonda, YOU ROCK !!!!!

hugs, Jupiter
That turned out terrific! You did an excellent job on it. Laying it on your inspiration fabric makes it look even better. I keep saying and I'll say it again. Dramatic looks with easy steps. I am so glad the Lord led me in this direction and has given me this method to share with you all. I love helping others find easy ways to quilt!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 PM

Well you just moved me from basic 9-patch to something wonderful! Thanks... God is good, isn't He!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 PM

Beautiful job Jupiter - that is one of my favorite blocks.