Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pink Ribbon Quilt for niece >

Pink Ribbon Quilt for niece

Pink Ribbon Quilt for niece

Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Default Pink Ribbon Quilt for niece

This the pink ribbon quilt I made for my beautiful young niece that is having chemo treatments for cancer. It is made from flannel with the Turning Twenty-Again pattern. I would have a picture for you to look at but it keeps telling me "photo failed to load". Not sure what I'm doing wrong. any ideas?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Bless her heart...sending prayers and hugs. I haven't tried to download any pics yet, but there are a lot of pros on board and someone will be able to walk you through it.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:06 PM

I haven't even tried to download a picture, so good luck, I can't give you any advice. They talk about resizing your pictures, and since I can't figure that out, I may never download a pic again. And I love looking at them, and so that is tough. Oh, well. I would guess that your quilt is beautiful, since I have yet to see one that I didn't like. Keep trying.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:30 PM

I kept getting the same error message last night. People in the know on this website told me it is usually because the size needed to be made smaller before trying to upload it. I started from scratch again today. Went back to my computer program where the little camera chip photos get loaded onto my laptop. At that point I kept playing around with the different tab choices until I could edit the size of the photo and resave it. Then, I took the newly saved version of the photo the next time I tried uploading it, AND IT WORKED! Hope you get it to work too. (the experts on this site can probably explain all this better than I can.) Don't give up. Best of luck to your niece. I'll say a prayer for her and her doctors & nurses.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 PM

My sympathy and prayers for your niece and her loved ones who will find it so difficult to see her go through this. At this time last year, one of my nieces had a double mastectomy. She teaches high school chemistry and biology. She said her students were so very concerned and considerate during that time that they were an inspiration to her. Not at all the behavior that we hear of from teens!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

Prayers for you beautiful niece. So hard to watch a loved one go through the treatments. Hope all goes well.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Sending healing thoughts to your niece.

I had the same issue when trying to list fabric for sale last night. My pics were all too big. Apparently the capacity is smaller on the new board. Open your pic in any photo program & find an edit option. Then save it in a different format to reduce the number of MB or KB used by the pic. I edited from the original jpeg format that was about 3mb per photo down to about 50kb per photo. When you open the 'manage' box to browse & upload your photo, if you scroll down a little you will see a list that shows the capacity for each photo format. All but .doc & .pdf were 1.91mb so I was maxing out what it could take in one or two photos. Feel free to PM me if you need - I spent about an hour on it last night with the assistance of a moderator to figure it out.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Prayers and healing thought to your niece.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:27 PM

Default Photo resizing

When attaching photos, if the file size of the photo is to large you will encounter that error. On the home page there is a forum named QBHelp at the bottom. One of the post near the top describes how to resize the photo. Most digital cameras today, even cell phone take large megapixel photos increasing the file. And this file size in most cases is over kill to view on the computer. The larger the megapixel the better a print would be. Anyways, that a brief description why people are having a problem posting pictures with the new board.

Click the link below to learn how to resize with windows.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...g-t166655.html

On a Mac, there should be an option in iPhoto when you export a photo to adjust the size and medium should make the file small enough. Right click on the photo after your exported and check info, it will state the file size.

I'm going from memory with the Mac instructions as I'm lying in bed playing on my iPad. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer and verify tomorrow, PM me.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 AM

Hope you can get your special quilt downloaded so we all can see it. I too, am a survivor. I had a bilateral mastectomy also, plus chemo. Having family and friends, like you, makes all the difference in the world, to the person who is going through all of these difficult changes. Sending special thoughts & prayers.