Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Post pictures of your sewing machines >

Post pictures of your sewing machines

Post pictures of your sewing machines

Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Oh, I wish I could afford a fancy machine...
My 1949 singer was in lovely shape before the flooding in my basement two years ago.
I have never seen a Singer 319 in black before I love it!! I could have yours running in no time. Believe it or not that is a domestic machine and not an industrial. Although it took some styling ques from the industrial end it was labeled for sale as a domestic machine. The 401 was the machine that superseded that model and the 319 was a short run machine.

So you do have a fancy machine after all!!!!

What is the serial number on it? I am thinking that its more of an later issue. I can check it through my records here just to see, but I have been known to be wrong before! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a near mint 319K with all of the accessories including the cabinet and stool I bought off of CL for $40. When my Niece and her MIL went to pick it up the MIL fell in love with it. She was saying that she had one that she received new as a wedding gift but it was lost in a house fire. That was her favorite machine she ever owned but was unable to find another so I just gave it to her saying it was my belated wedding gift.

Billy, you should be careful bragging about your machines, some of us may get very jealous and come over and mug you and take them.LOL
Hey I will share, no need in beating me down for them LOL !! :lol: :lol:

I am loving this thread though, a lot of really nice vintage machines and some pretty high tech ones also. Lets just say I am envious of a few of the machines shown especially the 222K, the 301's, and the Black 319!!!!

Billy
Old 01-17-2010, 07:52 AM

Yeah, I'm about to lose my space, with the baby on the way!
In our old place, we had a 3 bedroom so I had my sewing room, and Sasha had his office/guest room.
We're in a bigger and better place now, but it's only 2 bedroom, plus a basement. The basement was supposed to be mine, but everything we don't have room for ends up piled int he basement so there are boxes and bins all over the place and I barely have room to move around, plus the washer and dryer and deep freezer take up space... *sigh*
Old 01-17-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have never seen a Singer 319 in black before I love it!! I could have yours running in no time. Believe it or not that is a domestic machine and not an industrial. Although it took some styling ques from the industrial end it was labeled for sale as a domestic machine. The 401 was the machine that superseded that model and the 319 was a short run machine.

So you do have a fancy machine after all!!!!

What is the serial number on it? I am thinking that its more of an later issue. I can check it through my records here just to see, but I have been known to be wrong before! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was so angry about the flooding too, I swear, the machine was in AWESOME shape before :( I was supposed to keep all my stuff until I got a response from the insurace about whether they would replace or recondition my machine, but since the a** wipe landlord never submitted my claims to the insurance, the rental board said that he's now responsible for RELPACING all my items, and to just get rid of them. I just can't seem to part with this one, lol. It even has a couple of boxes of attatchments and feet and stuff.

What colour did these machines usually come in?
When I was looking up information for the insurance and rental board, I got the serial number and found the manufacturing date, let me see if I can find all that info for you.

Ok, serial 8588021
Cat. No. BAJ3-8
Manufactured in St-Johns, PQ, in 1949

Wait, that's the number on the motor, where do I find the machine serial?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51049.jpe   attachment-51050.jpe  
Old 01-17-2010, 08:09 AM
JJs
Banned

don't listen to them - do not throw that away!! as he said, it can be saved (the case might have to go)
I just recently got a 319 and I LOVE it - it does some fantastic stitches and it's all mechanical - no motherboard to fry ...
mine is green, and I think it also came in mocha ....
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 AM
JJs
Banned

ps, get some Tuffstuff foaming cleaner in the auto dept at walmart to clean the outside of the machine and oil the inside (do not get any oil or grease on that big belt on the right side inside) there's a gear inside the top where the levers are - you can remove the top (3 screws) to get to that gear - use singer lubricant (available at joanns etc) on the gear only - the rest of the places all take oil
Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJs
ps, get some Tuffstuff foaming cleaner in the auto dept at walmart to clean the outside of the machine and oil the inside (do not get any oil or grease on that big belt on the right side inside) there's a gear inside the top where the levers are - you can remove the top (3 screws) to get to that gear - use singer lubricant (available at joanns etc) on the gear only - the rest of the places all take oil
I wouldn't use anything that harsh on the finish.That could kill the shine on the machine and possibly take the paint and decals off!

If you want to clean it use GoJo NON PUMICE hand cleaner and a plethora of cotton balls and paper towels. work in small areas at a time and take lots of time to clean it. Then you can polish the finish with a good wax of polish. But always test a small area on the rear of the machine first to see if it is compatible with the finish.

Billy
Old 01-17-2010, 08:35 AM

Where's the darn Machine serial number? All I can find is the motor serial!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 AM
JJs
Banned

look on the front edge in front of the needle - tip the machine a little to see it
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 AM
JJs
Banned

http://www.ismacs.net/sewing_machine..._machines.html
Old 01-17-2010, 02:31 PM

I wasn't going to do this, but after seeing your babies I have to show some of mine. I did not take pic of my 10 toy machines.

501A
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38711[/ATTACH]

301 I have all the attachments for this machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38712[/ATTACH]

This is my oldest machine. According Smithonian Inst it is from 1877
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49872[/ATTACH]

This is the top. Very unsuall. We were told it takes a curved needle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49873[/ATTACH]

Treadle machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49874[/ATTACH]

Hand Crane cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49875[/ATTACH]

Inside hand crank
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49930[/ATTACH]

My Pfaff, probably the most used of my machines
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49931[/ATTACH]

Brother embr
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49932[/ATTACH]

Baby lock serger, my newest
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49933[/ATTACH]

My 2 FW, which I am starting to use more often
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49934[/ATTACH]

HandiQuilter and yes there is a quilt on it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49935[/ATTACH]

I love this cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49937[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38711.jpe   attachment-38712.jpe   attachment-49872.jpe   attachment-49873.jpe   attachment-49874.jpe  

attachment-49875.jpe   attachment-49930.jpe   attachment-49931.jpe   attachment-49932.jpe   attachment-49933.jpe  

attachment-49934.jpe   attachment-49935.jpe   attachment-49936.jpe   attachment-49937.jpe