Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Post your pictures of Antique Quilts here! >

Post your pictures of Antique Quilts here!

Post your pictures of Antique Quilts here!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:46 AM

I have several other quilts that I have purchased here and there. I am always looking for a bargain and usually pay $25 or less.

A double wedding ring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34348[/ATTACH]

This quilt was given to me from a friend--she got it at an auction
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34349[/ATTACH]

I bought this one at a quilt show---it was made in the late 1800s in either Maryland or Pennsylvania
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34350[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34348.jpe   attachment-34349.jpe   attachment-34350.jpe  
Old 02-04-2010, 10:25 AM

I'm so happy this thread was started. I have a quilt that my grandma made back in the early 1930's. She had been in a terrible accident and made this quilt while she was recouperating from her injuries. To my surprise and delight my uncle gave me the quilt several years ago. The following year he gave me the matching pillows. The quilt is hand pieced and hand quilted with teeny-tiny stitches. I didn't even know Grandma quilted until I saw this. Sure wish I would have known before she passed away in 2000. As far as I know this is the only quilt she made. It is something I will treasure forever! Oh, I also want to add that the hope chest at the foot of the bed also belonged to my Grandma. My grandpa gave it to her when she was about 19 years old when they were sweethearts. :) It's filled with all sorts of items she made from embroidered tablecloths and pillow cases to crocheted doilies. She was definately my inspiration for the love of crafting I have today.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32458.jpe   attachment-32675.jpe   attachment-34485.jpe  
Old 02-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Cheri---How beautiful!! And what a treasure it is for you to own the only quilt your grandmother ever made. Be sure to document it in some way so that others in your family will know where it came from after you are gone.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Cheri---How beautiful!! And what a treasure it is for you to own the only quilt your grandmother ever made. Be sure to document it in some way so that others in your family will know where it came from after you are gone.
Thank you Marcia. I will document it with the information I know. My grandma was great about writing notes about things she passed on to us, so I'll follow in her footsteps and document her quilt for whoever gets it after me.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Thanks, Marcia, for posting those close ups. Those quilts are just even more beautiful up close. You have some beautiful treasures there!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

WOW those are some gorgeous quilts , thanks everyone for sharing :mrgreen:

I am the first quilter/sewer in the family so no family heirlooms to share :cry:
Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 AM

All the quilts here are beautiful. WOW!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 AM

This is one my grandmother made. It was wrapped in a paper dated around 1930. It was just a top and my DD had it finished and quilted. I don't know the pattern. If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it. It's all hand quilted.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-99162.jpe   attachment-99163.jpe  
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM

All of these are just beautiful! I just love quilts, esp. old ones :)
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi,

I think it would be cool to see antique quilts, so please post your pictures here so we can all enjoy.

I will get a photo of the one that my Grandma made as I finally got to see it in December. My parents has it and never had shown it to me. Also my grandma lived 3 hours after I was born to know that she had a new granddaughter. So sad!

Karen
Karen,
That is so touching. She Loved you very much even though you had yet to be born. Oh I think I'm gonna cry...
I would love to see her quilt.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Faith