Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Postage Stamp progress >

Postage Stamp progress

Postage Stamp progress

Old 11-22-2010, 06:39 AM

Lots of good tips on this thread, I want to make one someday,I have a few squares saved as i work on other projects.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:34 PM

http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...scraps_011.jpg

AbbyQuilts, I've enjoyed reading through this thread this evening and found it by loading in "postage stamp quilt" in search and finding you. Cute work area, so familiar to me. I've made several postage stamp quilts and use them in potholders, aprons, hot mitts, vests, and to cover old ts and sweats. I buy fabric, and that same day try to cut my strips. All my pieces are generally 1.25" finished, which means I have to cut everything 1.75". Then I sew a light and a dark of sundry fabrics together, cut those 1.75" perpendicular to the first stitch line to get tiny 3" four patches. I put all the darks running from northwest to southeast. Often the dark and the light fabric are close in value, which renders each quilt to have a slightly different look. I mix them sometimes, and other times, I pick which goes where. I try to use only one of each fabric in the smaller quilts (under or around 40x60") and keep light and dark pairs in dozens of filled 2-gallon zip-locking clear plastic bags, and I have about 3 65-gallon bins full of the plastic bags with twosies in them. I've been doing this for several years now, and it's as much fun to sit down and sew 100 pairs together like I did in a couple of hours yesterday evening, and look forward to sewing some more.

Please, please please keep up the good work and take a picture and share it of your progress to date like the ones you showed on page 1 as soon as you can.

All of us here would like to encourage you to keep after this project and hope your life is at a place where you can devote even 15 minutes a day to your project.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 PM

I can visualize the beauty of it all!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:33 PM

How is your quilt coming along? :-D
Old 01-24-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Being in the Postage Stamp swap, I was wondering the same thing...are you finished?? Can you post more pics? Pretty Please! Thanks in advance! :thumbup: Kathy
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 AM

a little piece of everyone who sent fabric will be in your quilt, how great is that! Our line of work has isolated us and it is wonderful to be reminded of the goodness and generosity of folks even if it is a small scrap of fabric!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Being in the Postage Stamp swap, I was wondering the same thing...are you finished?? Can you post more pics? Pretty Please! Thanks in advance! :thumbup: Kathy
There's a postage stamp swap?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
Originally Posted by Momma_K
There's a postage stamp swap?
Yes there is Trisha. Here is the link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82983-1.htm

Hope to see you join it. The deadline to sign up is in March, so you have plenty of time! :-D :-D
Old 01-24-2011, 11:05 PM

i want to try this
Old 01-24-2011, 11:06 PM

Wow! Quite an undertaking Abby! I'm in the 1.5" postage stamp swap here on QB...just mailed in my 500 last week...can't wait to get my 500 back...I love to see what other quiltmakers pick when it comes to fabric. I thought I'd be burned out after cutting those teeny tiny squares for the swap, but it actually became addicting! I'm cutting more, using scraps in my stash so that I can use them for corner stones and such in future projects. Have fun with it! :thumbup: