Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2014 guild magazine page challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2014-guild-magazine-page-challenge-t255402.html)

QuiltE 10-17-2014 12:33 PM

What a great challenge! ...... nice to see something new and different.
PLease show us what that page looked like, so we can see how you flowed from the page to your finish.

What a unique project you have created.

lynnie 10-17-2014 01:22 PM

Love the whole idea, great quilt!

joyful1 10-17-2014 02:58 PM

Great job on the challenge!

QUILTNMO 10-17-2014 03:03 PM

what a neat challenge very pretty!!!

copycat 10-18-2014 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by KittyD (Post 6932107)
Love your piece. The only thing that I might suggest is to maybe cross hatch the basket to give it some dimension. Great job.

Thank you for the idea! I did think about doing a cross hatch design on the basket ,too. The basket is upholstery and is very thick. Now that I have so many layers to stitch through, I was worried about that.
I will try stitching on scraps first and see how it goes.
Thank you!

copycat 10-18-2014 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 6932130)
You gave a great imagination.....that follow thru from a Home Depot ad is brilliant......maybe tack down some small rickrack on diagonal to resemble the weave of a basket....just a thought

Now that is an idea I had not thought of...using ric rac. That may be simpler than trying to stitch through all the layers to make a cross hatch.

The longer I look at something on my wall over time, the more embellishment I add to it. I thought about a butterfly and lady bug resting somewhere. Thanks for looking.

Sandygirl 10-18-2014 02:51 AM

Very pretty!! I love this idea!
sandy

copycat 10-18-2014 02:52 AM

I will have to find the page and post it later for you to see. Stay tuned.

copycat 10-18-2014 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 6932230)
Very Pretty. I'd move the pink bud away from the handle so the handle shows more, and as someone else suggested, do some cross hatch quilting to draw more attention to the basket. When I first saw it, I thought it was a pretty plate until I read a response about the basket. But it is lovely and you did great work.

So many great ideas from all of you!
I felt like the basket looked like a place mat! I may have to rearrange my flowers a bit. The photo doesn't show the dimension seen in person. The basket actually pops out from the background so its easier to tell its a basket.

Geri B 10-18-2014 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by copycat (Post 6933338)
Now that is an idea I had not thought of...using ric rac. That may be simpler than trying to stitch through all the layers to make a cross hatch.

The longer I look at something on my wall over time, the more embellishment I add to it. I thought about a butterfly and lady bug resting somewhere. Thanks for looking.

Remember they sell buggie buttons too!