Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Family Tree Quilted Wall Hanging (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/family-tree-quilted-wall-hanging-t20027.html)

jdavis 05-13-2009 06:33 AM

Thank you all for the kind words! I hope others are inspired to make their own, not to ask me to make one for them!
It was indeed a labor of love, not perfection (so many things I would do differently, if I had to do it again).
I had not given any thought to who would receive it...it will be my son, unless some other neice or nephew turns out to be more interested or appreciative.
I'm still wondering if there are other family trees out there!

kwhite 05-13-2009 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
What a great idea. It will become a treasured family heirloom. I hope you've already siad who will receive it - and put it in writing!!! so there won't be any squabling!!!

Lord Joanne it could be written in Cement and there would be squabling over this beautiful peice!!!!

jdavis 05-13-2009 06:59 AM

kwhite,
Oh, you are too kind! And witty, too!

JoanneS 05-13-2009 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by jdavis
Thank you all for the kind words! I hope others are inspired to make their own, not to ask me to make one for them!
It was indeed a labor of love, not perfection (so many things I would do differently, if I had to do it again).
I had not given any thought to who would receive it...it will be my son, unless some other neice or nephew turns out to be more interested or appreciative.

Sounds like you have only one child, which is good. Means there will not be squabbles over who inherits your wonderful quilt! As for being asked to make another - offer them a picture!

purpl7 05-13-2009 09:45 AM

This is truly inspiring! I absolutely love it!

jdavis 05-13-2009 10:50 AM

Sounds like you have only one child, which is good. Means there will not be squabbles over who inherits your wonderful quilt! As for being asked to make another - offer them a picture!
JoanneS,
Yes, only one child.
The aunts and uncles are very anxious to see the tree in June at the family picnic. But I have also sent photos around to those in the family that have e-mail, in case they cannot make it to the picnic. I get the feeling some of them will be more likely to show up because of this whole thing!

Piedmont Quilter 05-13-2009 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by jdavis

As for others making their own - can I ask, did you have a pattern to go by or make it up?

Piedmont Quilter
Rebecca

jdavis 05-14-2009 11:21 AM

As for others making their own - can I ask, did you have a pattern to go by or make it up?
Piedmont Quilter,
The pattern is my own. As the project got underway though, things morphed somewhat, so my finished tree doesn't look quite like the pattern.

Carol W 05-15-2009 04:37 AM

Very nice.

thismomquilts 05-15-2009 08:13 AM

i've thought about doing one - actually bought the fabric, but ended up using it for something else