Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm upset...he didn't like it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-upset-he-didnt-like-t50404.html)

justmysize 06-20-2010 10:54 AM

I think it's beautiful! Tell your Dad that it's worth $100 and most people would be very happy to get one like this.

Alice (in Wisconsin)

sheliab12 06-20-2010 10:57 AM

You must realize first that it is him with the problem not you or your hand made quilt. I can't beleive anyone could be that cruel and rude to anyone especially his daughther.

The solution is go back and when you see it laying there just say Gee Dad I am so sorry you don't approve of the pattern so I will take it and donate it to one of the returning vetrans who are at treatment places get treatment. I personally know they love them and know people personally who donate and tell how excited they get. It also looks just the right size for a wheel chair lap. The next Fathers'd day just don't get him anything. Don't let your children know about this as it may set a bad example, however he needs to see what his reaction has done.

BrendaB 06-20-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I personally think it IS patriotic and it's beautiful! I don't know how it could be any more patriotic, really. I know how much it hurts to have a gift rejected, whether you made it or not.

Is he usually like this? If he is, there are some people who are tackless and unfeeling. Honey, now you know not to make something for him again and it's too bad that it's your father.

Chalk it up to experience and know that there are hundreds of us right here on this board who would be grateful and proudly display your work in our homes. {{{hugs}}}

Ditto. I think it is beautiful. I have everything my kids ever made for me and cherish them with all my heart. If this is not usual behavior for your dad, maybe there is something medical going on. I'm so sorry it hurts so much. Big hugs

Mandie 06-20-2010 11:27 AM

WOW, I am at a loss for words. I think your quilt is great!

bbmom1989 06-20-2010 11:45 AM

I am so sorry that he did that. That is painful.

If you want you could take it back and take it to the Veterans hospital for a gift to a person who would really appreciate it.

Won't make your hurt change, but may really help someone else and ultimately you.

lillybeck 06-20-2010 12:04 PM

I think it is lovely and your dad might surprise you.

Yarn or Fabric 06-20-2010 12:06 PM

I am so sorry - and from your father at that!
I am terrified to make my mother anything - I suspect she will say the same thing... but I'm going to anyway...

I do hope that he has a change of heart :(

bezzie58 06-20-2010 12:08 PM

My dad would love it and you can be my honary sister its very nice looking

Pickle 06-20-2010 12:13 PM

I think your wall hanging is very pretty.Do not feel bad, some people do not appreciate or know all the heart and love one puts into a quilt they give as a gift.
My mom one time didn't like a gift I gave her it hurt to the core. But I got over it. Sometimes parents just do not realize when they hurt.
Cheer up!!

debbie17 06-20-2010 12:14 PM

good for you for venting. you go girl.....hope you feel better!!!! I bet its the last time he ever gets anything from you. especially handmade. MEN!!!