Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm upset...he didn't like it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-upset-he-didnt-like-t50404.html)

gigi4419 09-23-2011 06:16 AM

I'm sorry he hurt your feelings ! Your quilt is very pretty!

katz_n_kwiltz 09-23-2011 06:18 AM

im sorry he didnt like it, i completely understand your feelings, my dh is the same way, you've worked sew hard, and not even a thank you. just know there are those of us who think its lovely, dont let a jerk stand in ur way!!
keep on quiltin!
katz

sarahconner 09-23-2011 08:39 AM

I love it

PuffinGin 09-23-2011 09:02 AM

I'd get it back from him. No need to discuss it further; he's made it very clear that he doesn't appreciate it or want it. Take it home and love it or find someone else who does and give it to them.

If you want to give him another present, may I suggest a nice box of prunes. Oh, that wasn't nice of me. Being more kind-hearted (after all, he is your father), give him some food you know he likes. Not fancy stuff, just stuff you know he likes to eat.

TootieAnn 09-23-2011 10:22 AM

I am sorry your father didn't like it, and I am even more sorry that he hurt your feelings that way.

Sometimes we get reactions from people that we don't understand. And quite possibly some reactions they can't understand either.

If your dad isn't one to hurt someone's feelings lightly, then perhaps he doesn't understand why he reacted that way either. Sometimes things in our past come back out at a whim that have lain dormant for a long time. I do hope you can forgive your father and continue to love him and think of him as special, as you obviously do.

I think your gift was lovely. You put a part of yourself into it. It shows.

Tootie Ann's husband.

Quiltmaniac2010 09-23-2011 12:47 PM

I'm so sorry that he hurt you like that. It is lovely and it is very thoughtful of you to give him your first quilt. I agree that you should get it back from him. You should keep your first quilt (unless it will remind you of the hurt every time you look at it) If so, give it to someone who will appreciate it - maybe a returning soldier?? I'm sending you a big hug!! I think it is very patriotic! and you did a wonderful job.

orangeroom 09-23-2011 12:51 PM

I like the stark contrast. I had about 3' x 6' completed of a top that I was going to give to my dad and step mom. They both saw it and made negative comments about it. Needless to say, they're not getting it. Poopheads!

Sorry about your dilemma.

Wanabee Quiltin 09-23-2011 01:10 PM

So sorry about your father's actions. Your wallhanging is very patriotic and very pretty too. You did something wonderful and his actions can not take that away from you. Please learn from this but don't let it sour you. You have a generous heart and others will appreciate what you do for them. Just don't put any of your eggs into his basket for him to crush in the future.

muddlingabout 09-23-2011 01:50 PM

Hugs to you. People sometimes do not understand that the H in handcrafted really stands for the Heart that we put in to the planning and execution of the item. Maybe your father is just one of those people who does not know how to show emotion.

Mad Mimm 09-23-2011 03:30 PM

I am sorry you got such a poor response from your dad. Sometimes family has a knack for really twisting the knife. I think your wallhanging is lovely and you should be proud of it! Please don't let this experience dampen your love of quilting and giving quilted gifts to others. You may not get the response you are hoping for, but the true loss is that the recipient does not see the love, creativity, time and energy that went into their gift. How they can miss that is beyond me. Keep on quilting!!