Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Its Painted......... Blue Singer 66 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/its-painted-blue-singer-66-a-t56165.html)

auntiehenno 07-26-2010 09:30 PM

WOW!

JudithAnn 07-26-2010 11:35 PM

Awesome!

sewnsewer2 07-27-2010 01:32 AM

She's beautiful!!

mjsylvstr 07-27-2010 04:28 AM

Billy, does she(/he?) have a name? or will that be left to the new owner?

She really is a beauty.

Justquilting 07-27-2010 04:40 AM

Looks soooo much better!!
Love the color!

stitchhappy 07-27-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay the original thread really got side tracked when the Hedge issue reared its ugly head so thats why I started this one instead!!

I got up and was out in the shop painting at 6 this morning. The past few days have been really to hot to do anything so thats the reason for the early rise and shine!! :lol: :lol:

Billy

BEAUTIFUL! I love it. Sure looks different now. My favorite color is blue.

butterflywing 07-27-2010 04:18 PM

beautiful color. how old is that machine? how can you tell? (i obviously don't have one LOL)

Lostn51 07-27-2010 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
beautiful color. how old is that machine? how can you tell? (i obviously don't have one LOL)

The serial is still visible so you can still date it but it is a 1932 Singer 66. I worked on it for just a little today while waiting on some parts to come in for it and another restoration I am doing for a customer. So I finished the customers machine today and I am going to slip this one in and finish it up tomorrow so I can post it in the "For Sale" section tomorrow night.

Then I have 3 more repaints along with a half a dozen refurbish/service jobs for the paying customers to knock out in the next couple of weeks.

I might get to start on somebodies B-Day quilt by the time I get back from my trip!

Billy

butterflywing 07-27-2010 05:57 PM

i thought it was much older. with the decals and all, i thought it was a treadle (is it?) that you were restoring. it's gorgeous.

i have one from scotland made in 53.
but it's got missing things: the plate over the bobbin is gone and the rubber belt is all worn out and starting to, like, shred. it was always electric, not a treadle or anything that old. i have the original ugly cabinet and the owners manual. i don't think i want to put a lot of $$ into it, but i would like to find the belt and the plate. any ideas? it runs very smoothly and quietly. and the light even still works LOL!

Lostn51 07-27-2010 06:05 PM

Oh I am selling it as a treadle machine but if some one wanted a motor on it then that is not a problem either. There are little differences between the 66's made in 1910 to 195? other that the Back tack feature and the handwheel they are all the same.

As far as your machine get me the Serial and I can tell you where you need to go to get the parts for it. Plus I might have them here right now. I am slowly building up to run a parts business along with the servicing/refurbishing/repainting machines.

Billy