Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Messest sewing room pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/messest-sewing-room-pictures-t80534.html)

tmsrich 12-07-2010 10:14 PM

ok - dumb question do you actually use the workout equipment or are you too busy sewing?

dublb 12-07-2010 10:31 PM

My sewing area is in my dining 'area.' Actually my kitchen, den & dining area are one BIG room (about 30 feet by 13 feet!)with the dining area in the middle. My dining table is actually in the kitchen. My stash is is climbing so high & with 3 working machines something HAS to be done! Right now I'm in the process of moving my stash into the spare bedroom & Dh & I are discussing building a sunroom for my sewing studio. This would solve my problem of wanting to be where everybody else is when I sew. (That spare room is really a mess & I've got to get it simi-straight before I can move the rest in there !!)

Tropical 12-07-2010 11:49 PM

No picture. Just the comment that my sewing room is a whole lot neater than my classroom desk used to be when I was teaching. I finally asked the janitor to remove my desk and get me a couple of very large tables. I must say that I did know where everything was then and I am constantly looking for the special places I now put things so I won't lose them. It is very frustrating, but I laugh with my husband when he catches me searching.

Connie in CO 12-08-2010 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
Here is my latest picture.No comment about some of the others I've read

Sorry i was talking about two sons and their mother

eaglebeak1960 12-08-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tropical
No picture. Just the comment that my sewing room is a whole lot neater than my classroom desk used to be when I was teaching. I finally asked the janitor to remove my desk and get me a couple of very large tables. I must say that I did know where everything was then and I am constantly looking for the special places I now put things so I won't lose them. It is very frustrating, but I laugh with my husband when he catches me searching.

LOL this sounds Like my wife and I and our special places to put things. I cant tell u how many things end up in special spots the spots seem to get lost

patriciaponder 12-08-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by tmsrich
ok - dumb question do you actually use the workout equipment or are you too busy sewing?

I use my treadmill, usually after an "unsewing" event! lol I find that during a day of sewing I need to stand tall and walking on the treadmill helps stretch me out. I multi-task while walking also ... you tube videos, sewing tv shows, etc. Sometimes I will get a thought about a project that I'm working on, like ideas for borders, quilting pattern ideas, etc.

QuiltnCowgirl 12-08-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by tmsrich

If your question was for me - I'm going to go with too busy sewing to exercise. That's my excuse..er story...and I'm sticking to it. :mrgreen:

NannaJen 12-10-2010 12:57 AM

Sorry gals (& guys),but I've bookmarked this to show my DP, he is convinced that my messy room is a one-off, will show him this just to prove that when space is limited we are all the same.

lisalisa 12-10-2010 01:09 AM

I don't feel inspired when my sewing room gets all disorderly. I try to tidy up regularly just so it's more conducive to the creative flow.

Katia 12-10-2010 01:19 AM

Mine gets messy when I am busy on a project, which means all the time at the moment. But it does make me crazy. I spend more time looking for stuff then sewing most times.

But then there are disadvantages to cleaning up as well. I did a fairly good cleaning a few weeks ago, and now I can not find the dragon pattern that I planned to make for a grand son this Christmas. And a couple of others also. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to that. I put something where I won't lose it and then it is lost.

I am also so thankful that I have a room just for sewing. It is nice to just close the door when you are done. Or close the door when I am in here and want to sew and not listen to what Dh has on TV. I have my own tv in here and my computer, so I really don't have to leave too much. Just to go potty and to get food to bring in here.