Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   More opinions needed on the basket quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/more-opinions-needed-basket-quilt-t99827.html)

JUNEC 02-15-2011 02:31 PM

I love it

nclauri 02-15-2011 03:13 PM

I like the orange but you do see it first and not the basket, but I still think what you have showing is very pretty.

maryhopkins39 02-15-2011 03:29 PM

I ;ike your border fabric. The orange sashing is pretty, but too dark for the pastel in your blocks.I would like to see how it looks a shade or two lighter in the orange.
Mary H

ccb2200 02-15-2011 03:31 PM

I think it is beautiful. The orange makes the blocks pop. It will be a beautiful quilt when you finish.

polly13 02-15-2011 03:40 PM

In the final analysis though, it's your quilt, your vision, and you make the decisions. You're not going to be happy with your end product if you try to make it a democratic consensus process.

RST[/quote]

What wise words!

Bonnie 02-15-2011 03:59 PM

I think the orange looks really nice.

Ms Elaine Va 02-15-2011 04:23 PM

It looks like it really "pops" the baskets. But you know what you willl like in the end, better than anyone else. So if you aren't happy now you won't be happy when it's finished. Try another color and then decide.

hspirit_99 02-15-2011 04:38 PM

i like it. it finishes it out nicely

JCL in FL 02-15-2011 04:40 PM

I think your quilt as it is a really nice but I agree the orange draws your eye and not the baskets and they are soooo cute. I think a light shade or orange or green would do the trick. I would hate to have to take it apart but it would be a shame to be disappointed in it after all the hard work that went into the baskets.
You have the start of a great strip quilt with orange being your connecting color. I had a similar experience with yellow a while back and it'll appear in projects for years to come.
Either way you have a beauty but you have to be happy with it. Once it's quilted you will probably like it more.

KSue 02-15-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I've got the flowers dealt with and decided on but now I'm stuck on the sashing. This is the color I had picked out from the start that I put in EQ. It looked good on the print out, but now that I have some of it sewn together I think it's way too loud. I feel like it overpowers the baskets and that maybe I should have gone with a pale yellow.

Not all of this is sewn together, and what part of this is sewn is all that I have sewn so seam ripping wouldn't be too terrible. I'd be wasting a lot of fabric though because all my sashing is cut out.

I think it is perfect. I love it.
So what's everyone's opinion on this issue? DH, who is not really great with colors, thinks the orange is fine and it frames the blocks. He thinks yellow would blend too much but said maybe that's what I wanted. Bless his heart for trying to say the right thing. :)