Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   More opinions needed on the basket quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/more-opinions-needed-basket-quilt-t99827.html)

lillybeck 02-15-2011 07:45 AM

Great choice.

ncscrappy 02-15-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by addy
I think you may be right - the baskets do disappear. Pale yellow may be too insipid. How about the green in the border? I guess you just have to try different variations until you are happy.

I'm with Addy, but my favorite is green! I think the paler green in the background of the floral print would look nice.

Mariposa 02-15-2011 08:12 AM

It is great as it is! The orange sets off the blocks, and is a nice compliment to the wide border!

jme 02-15-2011 08:41 AM

I love the orange!

RST 02-15-2011 08:41 AM

I think you can remedy the overwhelmingness of the orange sashing with some carefully considered quilting. If you chose to do fairly close FMQ in a lighter (even off white) thread on the sashing, that will help it recede into being a frame again, and if your quilting on the basket is far more minimal, they will poof a bit and come to the forefront as you look at the quilt.

In the final analysis though, it's your quilt, your vision, and you make the decisions. You're not going to be happy with your end product if you try to make it a democratic consensus process.

RST

quiltgran2 02-15-2011 08:47 AM

Oh stick with the orange. Your quilt is so fresh and sweet looking. I don't know how else to put it. But I love everything about it.

IDquilter 02-15-2011 09:04 AM

I love the colors, especially the border fabric, I do think the sashing is a bit bright for the blocks, it is a beautiful color but too much, maybe pickup one of the lighter greens. If that is all you have to rip out it won't be too bad and save them for another project. I think the blocks are great and can't wait to see the finished project. Nice job.

msariano 02-15-2011 09:19 AM

These are not my comfort colors but I like the way the border print coordinates with the orange sashing. I think you color choices are great and I don't think yellow sashing would look good.

Rachelcb80 02-15-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by RST
In the final analysis though, it's your quilt, your vision, and you make the decisions. You're not going to be happy with your end product if you try to make it a democratic consensus process.

RST

LoL, I love this and how true it is! I have decided to redo the sashing in a different color. I have a light sage green and an apricot type orange on the way. I'll audition blocks on each of those and see which I like. I started seam ripping last night and got about half done. It isn't taking too long.

Last night while I was groaning and sighing with indecision my husband said, "Just redo it. You're obviously not happy with it like it is. It's unlikely you'll be any happier with it when it's completed and then it will be impossible to redo." He added, "When I make my quilts, I make sure my colors are right before I start sewing." Oh good grief, what a dork! :roll: (He absolutely has never sewn a single seam in his life by the way)

JacquiGates 02-15-2011 09:39 AM

i love it...