Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My First Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-t109680.html)

amazon 03-23-2011 05:39 AM

I love it, nice job :thumbup: Please don't be discouraged, it wasn't anything that you did wrong. I'm sure your DD is waiting patiently for her quilt and you know that she will appreciate it.Just keep on quilting. :-D

malega 03-23-2011 05:48 AM

That is a very nice quilt, do not beat your self over the the family that do not appreciate anything.
you did a very beautiful job.
Just keep on quilting and have lots of fun.

3TreeFrog 03-23-2011 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by shihtzulover
I just finished my first quilt that I made for my dad. He was in the U.S. Navy so I thought this would be perfect for him and mom. WOW the response I got was literally nothing. No Thank You! No that is nice! NOTHING!

Did I do something wrong? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to not get depressed and quit quilting over this.

shihtzulover

You know I would have to say that your dad is just too emotional to speak. Men who served in the war (not in today's war) were taught to not show their emotions.

I would have to say that if he was looking the quilt over, touching it and feeling it then he really liked it!

And as far as I am concerned, YOU did NOTHING wrong!
TreeFrog

stitchy65 03-23-2011 06:02 AM

I agree with Kathy....just keep quilting! People are who they are and none of us are going to change that. I would be nice to at least get a Thank You. Hang in there...

Homespun 03-23-2011 06:14 AM

That is utterly fantastic!! Sorry you didn't get the response you thought you should get. I would have said thank you, it's wonderful!

Kim Bohannon 03-23-2011 06:16 AM

WOW! That is a beautiful quilt! Please do not stop quilting... you do really good work.
Some people just don't know how to respond to a kind gesture... I wonder if your dad was just too overwhelmed to know what to say. I hope he appreciates it, you sure put a lot of work into that.

#1piecemaker 03-23-2011 06:17 AM

Older people have a harder time showing emotions. Especially Military people. I think with all the things they see in their lifetime, they are deprogramed to not display feelings sometimes. Don't worry about it and definitely keep on quilting. You've done a wonderful job.

karenm36 03-23-2011 06:19 AM

Awesome quilt and NOTHING in it makes me think it's your first quilt...you did an outstanding job!!!!!!

coastienest 03-23-2011 06:22 AM

It is wonderful that you did this as your first quilt and then gave it to someone. Sometimes I think its just how they were born and raised that makes the lack of reaction. My dad is the same way. At Christmas he gets lots from my kids and sits there and barely gets a thank you out. Maybe they think they sohould be doing for us and not us doing for them and they feel bad. I know your dad loves it and just know that you felt good making it for him. It may not be today or tomorrow but he will tell you how much he loves it when you least expect it. Great job

shopaholic97 03-23-2011 06:37 AM

If that is your first quilt - you did a fabulous job. I bet he is showing it off