Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

julybaby8 09-22-2010 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Hi MaryAnna and Wildyard! Your blocks are just great Wildyard! I have not worked on August cuz I am not sure what I want to do there! Might end up doing them as is. The September block I did cheat a bit and took the look of MaryAnna's. I have to see how I like it with nothing between the blocks. Here are the blocks: I haven't appliqued them yet, I might use black thread to highlight them or brown.

I like the way you have different 'varieties' of apples. :-)
I haven't started the blocks , but I'm saving them for later.

julybaby8 09-22-2010 05:11 AM

Wildyard, I really like what you did with your August -Summer
sidewalk.
You are very creative.

julybaby8 09-22-2010 05:18 AM

Ligia, I like the way that your blocks are coming along. Great job.

Lockeb 09-23-2010 05:19 PM

Debbie..Yes, jump right in - I still have 2 months to do - and October will start soon - the fun thing is we can catch up at any time...

Wildyard...WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

Lockeb 09-23-2010 05:20 PM

Sharon, love your apples!!!!!

wvdek 09-23-2010 08:26 PM

Great blocks all. I am so far behind, I think I am out front. Oh my.

Lockeb 09-25-2010 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
WHEW!!!! Today I decided to get up to date on the 2 months that I didn't have done - and I have to say - August and September went together really well.....

Here's a photo of the Quilt Top with AUGUST'S HOT SIDEWALK!!!!

Lockeb 09-25-2010 03:52 PM

And, here I have added SEPTEMBER'S APPLES.......I did change a little something on the apple - I didn't like the backgroud square on the bottom of the apple..so I just extened the red stripe.....

Now what will October be....could it be a Fall Leaf...that's what I'm thinking....but then again, it may be a pumpkin or something Halloween.........

Sorry that I have been so behind in my rows......but I was determined today to catch up - and VOILA!!!!!

Glad that we are all having so much fun wiht this one - and of course, anyone that wants to join in - you can join in anytime......it will be easy to catch up......

Lockeb 09-25-2010 03:53 PM

OH, I just wanted to add something...I have been calculating how many pieces are going into this project...to date, I have calculated 843 pieces......so this piece should we well over 1000 pieces when it is done...it will be a great souviner project of your year-long mystery quilt fun......

MaryAnna 09-25-2010 05:42 PM

Hurray Bill! You're caught up and looking great! Great job so far...I really like your apples, your design is better than the original instructions, although I must say I have a love of applique for apples! but yours turned out just lovely!
Glad you're caught up again!
Blessings,
MaryAnna