Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New breast cancer awareness fabric by Loralie Designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-breast-cancer-awareness-fabric-loralie-designs-t35772.html)

retired teacher 02-02-2010 09:07 AM

I agree Mamabear. I myself like the pink ribbon symble, but the ladies are really cute!

k3n 02-02-2010 09:09 AM

Hi Favourite Fabrics - I was just wondering, do you use our feedback to inform your buying/stocking decisions? :-)

katier825 02-02-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I like the ladies. They don't scream breast cancer to me and some patients like a more subtle approach.

Ditto! If I were the patient receiving such a gift, I think I'd prefer a more subtle approach also. :)

Love the prints!

tisha 02-02-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I like pink, and I like many of these.

I like the idea of supporting breast cancer research, but I don't want to be reminded every moment that breast cancer exists, and that's what the pink ribbon motif does. So no pink ribbons for me.

Hi Having been down this road I like the ladies and hearts. Just add a little ribbon on the side or work it in someplace. Us survivors don't need reminders and the ladies are funny and make you laugh. Laughing is good. Tisha :lol:

tisha 02-02-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Here are some coordinates. The dots come in several other colorways, but you'll get the ideaL

:roll: Hi Use happy fabric. Having been down this road myself and with mom, anything pink brings back memories. It is very nice of you to be supportive and want to make a quilt. :wink: Tisha

kathy 02-02-2010 09:45 AM

I like them all, will you be carrying them?

gailmitchell 02-02-2010 10:39 AM

I love buying tickets on quilts for a cause, but I really don't care for the quilts that are made with the pink ribbon loop on it. I especially don't like the ones with the BIG pink ribon right in the center of a quilt. I would rather buy a ticket on something that was made with fabric like the Loralie fabric shown here or maybe something with just a hint of pink. To commemmorate that it is a pink ribbon quilt, state it on the label. I think that's enough.

sunkistmi 02-02-2010 10:41 AM

OK, looks like I'm in the minority but I don't care for the 'ladies'. I do like some of the coordinates however. As a survivor and going through it with my mom, I don't care for lots of pink ribbons but I personally love pink! The one I made for an auction last June had browns, greens, pinks and neutrals because I wasn't sure who was going to want to buy it. I didn't want it to scream "BREAST CANCER". Course it was at a muscle car club event too. My DH actually bid on it as a surprise for me but the lady that purchased it said "it doesn't matter how high you bid, it's going home with me". She was a friend so I was happy. Thank you for posting all these wonderful fabrics in advance. I always get there when they are all gone.
Wendy

mamaw 02-02-2010 04:38 PM

I like the ladies and the hearts also. I will be facing chemo some day in the future, and hope I can keep my sense of humor during it all. I am living with an incurable form of leukemia, so am very sensitive to cancer patients. I just think the gals are so cute they would make me smile. Guess you would have to know the person, hard for somebody else to know what would work. If any doubts....stay subtle.

KGoodhand 02-02-2010 05:02 PM

I am doing blocks for the Breast Cancer swap and have the same ladies on the material I am using but they are in a different design. I agree with most here. I thought they would be a change from the ribbon material. I love these new fabrics!