Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New breast cancer awareness fabric by Loralie Designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-breast-cancer-awareness-fabric-loralie-designs-t35772.html)

amma 02-02-2010 08:39 PM

I would prefer these over the less subtle ribbon prints :D:D:D

sewsue 02-02-2010 08:46 PM

Wow would love to have all these fabrics sigh

Sheila Elaine 02-02-2010 08:53 PM

I vote for Loralie. The ladies make me feel happy & the darker pink is a hit in my book. Let us know when it's out.

TJB 02-03-2010 03:42 AM

i love the ladys, but it looks like it will look great. :thumbup:

tjb

drivingsusan 02-03-2010 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
I vote for Loralie. The ladies make me feel happy & the darker pink is a hit in my book. Let us know when it's out.

YES, for sure let us know---want some!! This line (all of it) is calling me!!!!

Favorite Fabrics 02-03-2010 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Hi Favourite Fabrics - I was just wondering, do you use our feedback to inform your buying/stocking decisions? :-)

I do take note of the comments, and keep them in mind as I make my selections. (So please feel free to give me advice!)But that's not the only reason that I post the pictures.

I still get excited when I see all the new fabrics that the makers are coming out with, and when I run across a particularly wonderful one, the feeling bubbles up that I've just got to share it. And it seems that quite a few members here enjoy seeing the previews. It's rather like window shopping; you can look, and it's fun and doesn't cost anything.

Sometimes the designers come up with colors and patterns that I just don't understand. Maybe it's a generational thing. So I post the pictures, in the hope that maybe someone will be able to educate me as to what it is that makes the collection "work".

Other times, there's a fabric that is interesting but I have absolutely no idea of what it could be used for. And the creative people here are always able to come up with a long list of ways to use it.

Basically I post whatever catches my eye for some reason, whether or not I think it is something that I'd actually buy. And there are SO MANY to choose from! This is probably the busiest time of year, for new introductions, as the holiday lines are being shown now. Within the last month, there have been well over 2000 new fabrics introduced. It's wonderful, but it's enough to make your eyes water!

quiltmom04 02-04-2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Here are pictures of an upcoming group of fabrics by Quilting Treasures. It's not like most "pink ribbon" fabric groups... because there is no pink ribbon loop motif in these designs.

So... I'm wondering... was that a good idea or a bad idea? Quilting Treasures' previous groups were by Karen Neuburger, and they always featured the ribbon loops prominently. This one focuses on the ladies.

If you were making a quilt... would you lean toward the tradition pink ribbons, or do you like the ladies?

I LOVE the ladies - I'd go with them. Maybe the ribbons have some sort of licensing thing and that's why they weren't included in the Loralie fabric.

marytp 02-04-2010 08:06 AM

I love the way the quilt turned out! Awesome!

pony lady 02-04-2010 09:00 AM

I like this pattern the best. I am a breast cancer survivor and like so many other ladies do not like to be reminded every time with the traditional pink loop. This is very pretty fabric

Karen's Kreations 02-04-2010 10:40 AM

As a breast cancer survivor, I can say that I'm 'pink ribboned out'. I love the ladies.