Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Only people that like scrappy quilts will appreciate this photo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/only-people-like-scrappy-quilts-will-appreciate-photo-t166761.html)

wanttobe 11-07-2011 05:21 AM

Only people that like scrappy quilts will appreciate this photo

1 Attachment(s)
For months I have been cutting all kinds of fabric up into 2 1/2 inch pieces. I go to Good Will, Salvation Army and yard sales and buy mostly big skirts for a variety of cotton fabrics to cut up. This is a large cooler where I have been saving all the fabric. I had to put all these squares in the dryer to circulate all the fabric. It will be a scrappy quilt that will be cozy quilt, one that I won't be afraid to use.

Murphy 11-07-2011 05:23 AM

This should be great fun to create. You have now started on a wonderful, creative adventure (smile). I look forward to seeing your completed quilt pics. Thank you for sharing.

PamQuilts 11-07-2011 05:25 AM

Can't wait to see it finished!

Chicca 11-07-2011 05:37 AM

I just want to sit down and start playing....

will this piece look good with this one or awwweee...look at this combination! Have a great time creating this quilt.
Just a short while ago, I finished cutting all of my scraps into various sized squares. A lot of time and effort was put into this organizing effort. Which I am thrilled with the outcome. So, I know what you are going through with this process. Keep at it and before long you will have everything you want for the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Sewflower 11-07-2011 05:40 AM

Love the scrappies. I am so jealous!

Julie in NM 11-07-2011 05:41 AM

Just curious? what pattern will you use? or NO pattern and just start sewing?

Maggiesmom 11-07-2011 05:46 AM

You will have fun. I call these my utility quilts. I have made two very scrappy large quilts which I use everyday on my beds. Then if the dogs decide to nap I won't go crazy. The last one I did was the stretched star from the Nickle Quilts book and no square is the same. It is fing size. You will love this project. Have fun.

owlvamp 11-07-2011 05:48 AM

Have fun! It will be beautiful.

wanttobe 11-07-2011 05:49 AM

This quilt will be an awwwwwwwwweee quilt LOL All combination of colors nothing will match at all.

Originally Posted by Chicca (Post 4645693)
will this piece look good with this one or awwweee...look at this combination! Have a great time creating this quilt.
Just a short while ago, I finished cutting all of my scraps into various sized squares. A lot of time and effort was put into this organizing effort. Which I am thrilled with the outcome. So, I know what you are going through with this process. Keep at it and before long you will have everything you want for the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

erstan947 11-07-2011 05:50 AM

Oh, the possibilities:) My hands are itching to get in that box of squares!