Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Really could use your help on this one.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/really-could-use-your-help-one-t82164.html)

applique 12-12-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
I would just add a 2 1/2 - 3" solid black border, then a "Piano Key" border
of all your scraps, and bind it in black. The colors will really pop!
It is simply gorgeous as it is.....

I like this idea, If it isn't big enough a wider black border then binding to the size you need.

stitchofclass2 12-12-2010 02:10 PM

Borders and quilt it. I think it's lovely.

mshawii 12-12-2010 06:05 PM

I love the colors. They are bright and cheerful. Add a black or dark green border or both. Like the idea of Minkie! Jan

desertrose 12-12-2010 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I made this for my mom last year just before she was having chemo treatments. Well all she "wanted" was the squares sewn together and the ugly backing put on it. I do not like this quilt it is so off and she lovenly calls it "What did I do to deserve this?!?" Or "In the beginning" I would love to redo this quilt what would you suggest. I will add some more fabric to it make it a little bigger and will add some minky fabric to the back she says it is too cold. So what pattern would you use??

Jade, I wouldn't change a thing your quilt is beautiful, colorful and southing all in one. I would cherish your quilt just as it is.

Nancy11442 12-13-2010 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I made this for my mom last year just before she was having chemo treatments. Well all she "wanted" was the squares sewn together and the ugly backing put on it. I do not like this quilt it is so off and she lovenly calls it "What did I do to deserve this?!?" Or "In the beginning" I would love to redo this quilt what would you suggest. I will add some more fabric to it make it a little bigger and will add some minky fabric to the back she says it is too cold. So what pattern would you use??

You could use some black rick=rack between the rows or as sashing and not have to rip anything out. Borders would be nice too.

sewing4kix 12-13-2010 05:46 AM

I would do a border in red to bring out the green and diminish the yellows. I would also consider using flannel for the backing. It would be much warmer for her. Also, what type of batting did you use? 100% cotton would be my choice. Maybe add a layer of this? I really don't think it is all that bad :)

jdeery 12-13-2010 09:13 AM

I would put a black, red, then black border around it and
use a yellow binding and it will make it pop. I think it is
great colors, a work of art.

auntiehenno 12-13-2010 10:25 AM

Personally, I love it.

GloBug 12-13-2010 10:51 AM

How about adding sashing as you would to a nine patch? :?:

Quiltforme 12-13-2010 01:57 PM

Minky fabric is a very soft not sure what it is made of furry like material. She had breast cancer and is a amazing survivor!! She just hated this quilt I felt so bad on sunday when she told me. But I did exactly what she asked. This time I am going to do it differently and make it warmer :)

Originally Posted by Fayelh
I love the colours just the way it is.