Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Rose Scrap Quilt Top - UFO Almost Done! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/rose-scrap-quilt-top-ufo-almost-done-t196947.html)

Lv2sew2011 08-07-2012 09:13 AM

I think it will be very beautiful I can't to see it completed! Love the colors!

buslady 08-07-2012 11:00 AM

Krystyna, that is lovely. I just love the roses. When I look at it it reminds me of my mom, she loved roses. Until you did the close up, I could not even see the missing points. I'd say you planned it that way. Use it and love it. I do agree that is shows how far you have come in hour quilting. I really see it maybe even double batted and tied very loosely!! I don't know why, but that is exactly what I envisioned when I first say it. A nice fluffy comforter that just cusions you will lovely roses, like you were rolling in them. Less the pickers, of course!! LOL You are an inspiration!

Wanabee Quiltin 08-07-2012 11:03 AM

This is a beautiful quilt, thanks for showing it to us.

liont 08-07-2012 11:06 AM

It's like a bed of roses. Very romantic.

Krystyna 08-07-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5424491)
Krystyna, that is lovely. I just love the roses. When I look at it it reminds me of my mom, she loved roses. Until you did the close up, I could not even see the missing points. I'd say you planned it that way. Use it and love it. I do agree that is shows how far you have come in hour quilting. I really see it maybe even double batted and tied very loosely!! I don't know why, but that is exactly what I envisioned when I first say it. A nice fluffy comforter that just cusions you will lovely roses, like you were rolling in them. Less the pickers, of course!! LOL You are an inspiration!

Onalee, I never thought of double batting. Not only am I attempting to use up my stash of fabric, but also my stash of batting. And there is PLENTY of it. The last estate sale I went to ... 24 bags at $1 each! How could I leave them there? Impossible!

Judith1005 08-07-2012 11:27 AM

Beautiful fabric Krystyna. Hope you get it quilted before winter sets in. It should chase away the winter blahs with all the beautiful roses in it to remind you that spring will come again. :thumbup: :)

Dragonfly Nana 08-07-2012 11:31 AM

Real roses are never truly symmetrical so what makes you think that you quilt should be? I'm just saying...... non perfect points and all it is a beauty!

Linny 08-07-2012 11:51 AM

Krystyna- your quilt is beautiful.....it reminds me of a cozy cottage..fresh and a bright rose floral to liven the room up.

PenniF 08-07-2012 12:00 PM

i have to agree with the "poofier" batting idea - and maybe just knotted.....it's beautiful...made me smile just looking at it. how nice that will be on a cold winter night to snuggle under !!! no way you could not feel cheerful !!!

Aunt Janey 08-07-2012 12:17 PM

Love the roses in your quilt. Who will notice the points anyway??? One thing I want to know is when do you find time to read. Your veils, the DQ swaps and also the regular quilts. Some body said it would make them think of a cottage and since you live in one by the sea it is really great.