Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

SewExtremeSeams 06-11-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jusmom01 (Post 5271756)
Here is my first machine pieced quilt. I just love scrappy anything! A wonderful woman gave me a large stack of golden yellow charms...and that dictated the color scheme. [ATTACH=CONFIG]340427[/ATTACH]

Mmmm, such a warm and inviting cozy quilt.

SewExtremeSeams 06-11-2012 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by mbethwright (Post 5273154)
How beautiful!!!!!! If I was rich I would take one of each LOL I am new to the quilting scene, so new I have not even bought material to make a quilt yet :) I love to crochet & thought I would give it a try since Maw Maw Jessie was a quilter & I would sit for hour watching her sew all these little pieces of clothe together by hand . Y'all's quilts are amazing!!!! After getting on here & seeing the quilts y'all are making, I am about to skiddle back to my hooks & yarn:eek:. I just don't get how you can get all the fancy designs with the thread in the middle of the quiltsv:confused:. Maw Maw Jessie was the best quilter in the world, there will never be anybody better cause she did it all by hand, each & every little stitch, around designs, flowers, or whatever was on the clothe to add that extra special touch. She didn't use the sewing machine cause she said her hands weren't broke, they worked just fine. I think I am just bout scared:shock: LOL I won't run away, :thumbup: I'll hang out for a bit & have a look around. Right now, I am gonna drink more coffee & admire more scrappy quilts, amazingly awesome scrappy quilts.:cool:

SEW glad you are going to stick around! :thumbup: It could be easy to feel intimidated by what others are posting but if you stay on here long enough, you will soon realize that
*everyone started out as a beginner at one point
*there is a myriad of techniques, styles, etc. to learn
*everyone is willing to help walk you through getting started
*there are plenty of those on here who not only are beginners but they are in their golden stage of life (It's never too late to begin)

*and you don't have to start out with full size quilts: mug rugs, placemats, doll quilt size, they work too!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Krystyna 06-11-2012 07:35 AM

And most importantly, SewExtremeSeams aka Linda is a sweetheart!

nikki128 06-11-2012 08:10 AM

Love all the scrappies. Nice work ladies and gents :)

Jusmom01 06-11-2012 12:16 PM

Thank you! I do love it, even if it isn't in my usual color scheme. I think i will use it on my outdoor table...definitely says "summer" to me!
Lin

cowgirlquilter 06-11-2012 12:19 PM

These are all so wonderful-can't pick a favorite one!!

Just Jan 06-17-2012 06:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hope this works! Not sure how to post pix. Would like to show you my most recent scrappy quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]342661[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342660[/ATTACH]

NatalieMacDonald 06-17-2012 07:41 AM

This is it! Scrappy but detailed. I love this. I'm going to have to study this one more.

Thanks for sharing.

burchquilts 06-18-2012 11:00 AM

Jan, that is just stunning! I love, love, love the sashing you used! Thanks for sharing with us! This is just the most fun thread! Scrappies forever!!!

SewExtremeSeams 06-18-2012 06:03 PM

Beautiful!