Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Fraew 07-15-2012 07:12 PM

A1! That's a fabulous A1 nygal.

BizzieLizzie 07-16-2012 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by almond (Post 5359937)
Just finished these 2 scrappy quilts and donated them to our quilt club to use for donation quilts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348588[/ATTACH]

WOW! really like your beautiful scrappy quilts. Gorgeous.

BizzieLizzie 07-16-2012 01:13 PM

Been looking at the lovely scrappy quilts and they are all so gorgeous! Thank you all for sharing.

CindyA 07-20-2012 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5368073)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349330[/ATTACH]I used left over civil war repro fabrics on this. I even put in a left over block from my "Dear Jane" quilt. Can anyone spot which block that is?? :)

Your Dear Jane block is second row down, far left, gold on white. Am I correct?

jhoward 07-20-2012 05:55 AM

Scrappy quilts are all pretty. Striking colors.

CindyA 07-20-2012 11:03 AM

6 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350305[/ATTACH]
This scrappy heart quilt was one of my first quilts. Yes, I HAD to go out in a snowstorm to buy scraps to make it. :rolleyes: I hand quilted it and it's well-worn and soft!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350306[/ATTACH]
This star-flower quilt was another early quilt, although it was many years in the making. I started out with the intention of have star blocks alternating with plain blocks. I knew I'd never finish at the rate I was working when lo' and behold my quilt magazine arrived and this was on the cover! I appliqued stems, leaves and quilted it in sections, then joined it all together. I machine quilted the heck out of it but still managed not to get the batting secured well enough. If I hold it up to the light I can see through it and see where the batting is not joined (just 2 layers of fabric).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350307[/ATTACH]
This is one of my favorite quilts. I used 6" newspaper as a foundation. 6" because it was a convenient size to cut the newspaper and newspaper because I'd seen it on Alex Anderson's show. I used my own scraps as well as from friends at quilt retreats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350308[/ATTACH]
This was definitely an attempt at stash busting. I really like it, although the colors aren't looking nearly as nice here on the screen. There is no white, that's a light green. It was an easy size to cut. I didn't even make a dent in my stash!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350310[/ATTACH]
This is the back of the green and blue bricks quilt. Used some more of my blues. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350311[/ATTACH]
Since my first stash buster didn't make a dent, I used some more of the blues for a Turning Twenty. The back of this is pieced also.

Krystyna 07-20-2012 11:54 AM

Ooooo! These are all so lovely.

quiltforfun 07-22-2012 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love the "Scrappy" look--have made a few scrappy quilts that I have given away to my grands and great grands but this one I kept for me. I wrap myself in it when I take my afternoon nap and there is a chill in the air. It is so soft and makes me feel so good...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350579[/ATTACH]

CindyA 07-22-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltforfun (Post 5384202)
Love the "Scrappy" look--have made a few scrappy quilts that I have given away to my grands and great grands but this one I kept for me. I wrap myself in it when I take my afternoon nap and there is a chill in the air. It is so soft and makes me feel so good...

That's what it's all about, isn't it? As my son says, "Mom, you quilt the love into it."

sue1964 07-22-2012 09:02 AM

Love them all.