Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

QuilterMomma 04-10-2013 08:23 AM

Give it some time and you will. Or, you can shop on the for sale section here and get some. There are some quilt shops that sell them I just saw the Ricky Tims is selling his scraps. His are hand dyes mostly and very pretty fabric.

Scrappy Grace 04-10-2013 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest scrappy that I made.:) Lots of little squares.

Jan in VA 04-10-2013 03:22 PM

Very nice, Scrappy Grace!

starshine 04-12-2013 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Smg1678 (Post 5982670)
This is the only bad thing about being so new with quilting...I hardly have any scraps yet.....all of these quilts are beautiful......

If you have a local quilt shop check with them. My lqs has fqs and f8ths that are the end of the bolt, so you can get some variety that way, and I found out last year that they have some drawers of scrap fabrics that customers can go through and pick out whatever and buy it by the pound. They look like left over pieces from samples made for the store or as class demos, and maybe people in a class donated their scraps too. At my lqs there are 12 drawers some with color themes like blues, greens, reds & orange, creams & nuetrals, mixed etc. Also lots of the shops in the Fabshophop online have scrap bags. And here too in offers section sometimes someone will offer a box of scraps for the price of the postage.

Grandma Cindy 04-13-2013 06:08 AM

Did you make 9-patches and then sew them together? What process did you use to put it all together? Thanks Cindy

Originally Posted by Scrappy Grace (Post 5991190)
Here is my latest scrappy that I made.:) Lots of little squares.

QuilterMomOf3 04-28-2013 01:10 AM

7 Attachment(s)
My orphan Kitchen sink quilt!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410379[/ATTACH]

Baby quilt made for my nephew in 6 hours (from design to completion!!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410380[/ATTACH]

Baby quilt made for my middle daughter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410381[/ATTACH]

Scrappy Tetris for my hubby (he designed it on graph paper...I sewed...)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410382[/ATTACH]

And last (for now) but definitely not least, scrappy quilt made for my brother made from my late grandpa's old shirts & jeans!!
[FRONT]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410383[/ATTACH]

[BACK]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]410384[/ATTACH]

[Back Detail]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410385[/ATTACH]

jpmaroni 04-28-2013 02:39 AM

What a wonderful group of beautiful scrappy quilts.

heather1949 04-28-2013 03:30 AM

Wow what a lot of beautiful scrappy quilts by everyone.

SewExtremeSeams 04-29-2013 06:06 AM

Quiltermomof3, all of your quilts look great. I especially love the one made from your Grandpa's shirts and jeans.

roguequilter 04-29-2013 10:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
i love love love! scrappy quilts. made a few. current wip...pink & green. finished size will ne determined by how long the scraps hold out. 16-patch blocks of 1 1/4" (cut) scraps of several pinks, pale greens & dark green. original plan was single irish chain. then thought...hmmm ..so i have several diff iterations saved on EQ, this is one idea of various chevron settings.

another wip, working on the applique borders, is a grandmother star designed by nancy mahoney for fons&porter mag. doing in blue and yellow, ran out of blues, so it is is blue & yellow w a bit of pink, and a bit of gold and .... reduced pattern from 16" blocks to 12" and borders correspondingly.

and most recent completion is a chicken scrap quilt. all but the star are my designs. no patterns.
hope you like. also trying to figure out peoper size of pics to upload. sorry if these too big.