Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

javin22 05-29-2013 11:26 AM

Nice scrappy quilts. Love the heart one.

jimsjunque 05-29-2013 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere (Post 4292903)
Your stash of 'scraps' will grow before you know it. I like the idea of shopping the clearance rows.

A lot of these scrap quilts look like their made with only a few different fabrics...whether in the same color group or different color group. You could start there with one color group and shop for 5 different fabrics.

A lot of my scraps came from other people. I like to purchase bags of scraps; usually they're more like chunks of fabric that the quilters are weeding out of their stash.To me , it's like my candy. Just a small bite and I'm very happy.

GayleM 05-29-2013 01:40 PM

Love Scraps

2 Attachment(s)
Ok - I'll have to add mine! Have LOTS of scraps and have been making baby windmills. One is for m=new grandson expected on July 4th, the other is an oversized lap quilt I named "Chocolate Cherry Cordial". Both pieced tops made from scraps and backs from my stash! Could only attach 2 photos. Will attempt 3rd in a second. It's the front of Chocolate Cherry Cordial.

GayleM 05-29-2013 01:43 PM

Ok - couldn't get the other photo to upload. Sorry! I have two more scrappy quilts on my design board - happily coexisting in all their wild splendidness. Will post when done - it'll be awhile.

GayleM 05-29-2013 01:44 PM

P.S. - those were my first ever hourglass blocks (as if you couldn't tell!).

nanacc 05-30-2013 06:16 PM

GayleM.....I love your windmills!! Must try that with some of my strips.

Murphy1 07-30-2013 06:44 AM

I love this thread as scrappies are a favorite.

meanmom 07-30-2013 04:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I haven't made many scrappy quilts. I need to make more. I do make a lot of my quilts out of the remains of cut up FQ but it is all color selected so I don't really call them scrappy.
The first quilt is a mystery train ride on here. I had a hard time making it truely scrappy as I kept wanting to match colors. I just threw the pieces in a pile and picked one out to sew together. I was sure it was going to be ugly. I love how it came out. Donated it to the school carnival. Raised several hundred dollars. The other needs to be quilted and will be donated somewhere. Not my colors.

VickiM 07-31-2013 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Scrappy using batiks & blenders. BOM on Persimmons Quilts website from a couple years ago. Light blender from stash to bring it all together. Another UFO finished...YEA! BOM's make great scrappies!

Dalronix 07-31-2013 06:48 PM

I have just spent most of the day going through the currently 196 pages of this thread and it's been both a fascinating and humbling experience for this late age beginner. Thank you to all who have posted pics of their wonderful quilts.

Now the hard part ... I have to explain to the family why no laundry, cleaning, shopping, cooking etc. has been today. :) At least my three dogs are happy: they've got to sleep all day and there's plenty of food for them in the fridge.