Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

QuiltE 11-19-2013 04:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My Avatar Quilt ... Stained Glass ...

All the fabrics were "leftovers", mostly from the same project.
Backing is a solid cream ... bought to finish it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447670[/ATTACH]

I got carried away when making the strip sets/tubes.
So then had enough to make a smaller version ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447671[/ATTACH]

There were still strips left, so I made a couple of runners.
Only one in this photo, but they are both the same size ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447672[/ATTACH]

Kaat 11-22-2013 10:12 PM

Wow! That is incredible. Your colors blend so nicely together.

QuiltE 11-23-2013 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kaat (Post 6419757)
Wow! That is incredible. Your colors blend so nicely together.

Mine? or are you talking about a different quilt?

If so ... thanks!
Though I did learn a lot about "value" ... the glass parts need to be a good contrast to both the white and black of the leading in the windows. If you look at mine, you will see some of the lights are great against the black, but just not enough definition to the white lead. Likewise some darks are just too close to the black lead, but awesome for the white.

It's a great scrappy project ... easy and fun too!

onaemtnest 11-23-2013 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6419942)
Mine? or are you talking about a different quilt?

If so ... thanks!
Though I did learn a lot about "value" ... the glass parts need to be a good contrast to both the white and black of the leading in the windows. If you look at mine, you will see some of the lights are great against the black, but just not enough definition to the white lead. Likewise some darks are just too close to the black lead, but awesome for the white.

It's a great scrappy project ... easy and fun too!

QuiltE

Is this in one of Cozy Quilt Strip Club books or is it a stand alone pattern? I have issues with color values. I'm using a Ruby Beholder to see dark values vs. light values for a Buggy Wheels pattern I'm using to help downsize the scrap basket.

Your quilt is stunning thanks for posting it.

QuiltE 11-23-2013 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 6419994)
QuiltE
Is this in one of Cozy Quilt Strip Club books or is it a stand alone pattern? I have issues with color values. I'm using a Ruby Beholder to see dark values vs. light values for a Buggy Wheels pattern I'm using to help downsize the scrap basket.

Your quilt is stunning thanks for posting it.

Mine was in a book ... not saying that it doesn't come in a stand alone pattern though!
The book has a lot of good patterns, so it is well worth it.

When I did that quilt, I just grabbed fabrics I thought would be good ... didn't know anything about value. Learned a lot as a result!! :)

Since then, I have acquired a Ruby Beholder, though we have not become good friends. I guess a need a lesson!! :D

Best option I have found is to photograph fabrics together, then print them in black and white ... that helps show the values. Though if doing this quilt again, I would simply do it by laying both the white and black against the fabric and seeing if there was enough contrast for both.

Thanks! ... I really do like the quilt and smile every time I see it. The large one I had hand quilted and kept for myself. The smaller one, I had machine quilted and gave as a wedding gift. I machine quilted the runners and kept them for myself.

ontheriver 12-22-2013 07:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's two of my latest scrappies, pinwheels and zig zag.

jclinganrey 12-22-2013 09:24 AM

JW - your Corn & Beans is gorgeous. A real inspiration. Just beautiful.

Jane

heather1949 12-23-2013 04:43 AM

Oh my you did a beautiful job, on all of them and so did everybody else.

Foxflower 12-26-2013 03:04 PM

Wonderful ontheriver. I pinned them and gave you credit in the description line. Thanks for the ideas.

solstice3 12-27-2013 06:35 AM

each is prettier than the next. I can't pick a favorite