Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

DDuMouchel 01-23-2014 05:13 AM

Rail Fence

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first finish of 2014, a true scrappy since it was made with scraps left over from the Scrappy Trips Around the World I made last year. The backing is fabric I ordered online, waited six months to receive, only to find that it was the wrong color for the project I purchased it for -- but it worked perfectly for this Rail Fence. And the binding was the last little chunk of an orange homespun that I've had for about 15 years so I was glad to see it gone!

It is being given to some old friends of my husband's who lost their home in Superstorm Sandy and have since moved to Florida. They won't be seeing much fall color there so I thought they might enjoy a small reminder of the colors they've left behind.

onaemtnest 01-23-2014 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by DDuMouchel (Post 6529631)
Here is my first finish of 2014, a true scrappy since it was made with scraps left over from the Scrappy Trips Around the World I made last year. The backing is fabric I ordered online, waited six months to receive, only to find that it was the wrong color for the project I purchased it for -- but it worked perfectly for this Rail Fence. And the binding was the last little chunk of an orange homespun that I've had for about 15 years so I was glad to see it gone!

It is being given to some old friends of my husband's who lost their home in Superstorm Sandy and have since moved to Florida. They won't be seeing much fall color there so I thought they might enjoy a small reminder of the colors they've left behind.

Wow, what a great scrappy quilt, I admire the quilting did you do the quilting? I'm touched that you're giving it to your friends that lost their home, you are a PRICELESS friend! (((Hugs)))

Ms Grace 01-23-2014 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my first scrappy for 2014.
It's called "Snowchurn" from Quilter's Cache and I added a piano key border.

Lori S 01-23-2014 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace (Post 6530013)

I was so inspired by your quilt . I literally ran to my sewing room.. pulled out 2 charm packs( I had no clue how I was ever going to use them) and started cutting. Thanks so much for posting.

dyer804 01-23-2014 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by DDuMouchel (Post 6529631)

How kind of you! It is a beautiful quilt.

dyer804 01-23-2014 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace (Post 6530013)

What an interesting scrappy quilt! It is different from many I've seen and the border really adds a lot of color to it.

schnurke 01-23-2014 08:55 AM

My favorites are the first and fifth ones--stunning, each of them!

wraez 01-23-2014 09:14 AM

wow, love looking at all of these scrappy quilts, getting inspiration and great ideas ... thanks for sharing!

wraez 01-23-2014 09:16 AM

I don't know if there is an easier way to see which quilt is being referred to in the 'reply with quote' ... maybe the person responding could start by saying what page this quilt is on? thanks!

wraez 01-23-2014 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6412858)
My Avatar Quilt ... Stained Glass ...

All the fabrics were "leftovers", mostly from the same project.
Backing is a solid cream ... bought to finish it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447670[/ATTACH]

I got carried away when making the strip sets/tubes.
So then had enough to make a smaller version ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447671[/ATTACH]

There were still strips left, so I made a couple of runners.
Only one in this photo, but they are both the same size ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447672[/ATTACH]

Wow, love the idea of using the white/black for leading of the stained glass, will definitely borrow this idea!

what width is the b/w strips? thinking I could make them a bit more narrow too ...