Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

quiltergirl80 10-13-2010 11:03 PM

This may be a stupid question, but what is a secret quilt angel?

GladGrams 10-13-2010 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
This may be a stupid question, but what is a secret quilt angel?

A SQA is a group of people on the forum who came together a year ago wanting to share their love with a secret friend for a year by sending little "somethings" to an assigned quilter from the group that signed up. We still do not know "who" our angel is, but will find out (maybe) in December.

Speaking for myself, it has been lots of fun and rewarding too.

quiltergirl80 10-14-2010 12:28 AM

Oh, that sounds fun! A secret sis for a year would be so fun. You could go on themes :0) I totally wanna join if a new one starts!

redquilter 10-14-2010 08:28 AM

Received a note from my angel and she said she has been ill. I'm so very sorry to hear that and I hope it's nothing serious. Please take good care of yourself and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy in Louisiana 10-14-2010 10:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the surprise I received yesterday from my SQA -- and y'all are going to be envious. The pumpkin panel is huge, and I just happen to have some fabric stashed away that coordinates perfectly. Also I have three new fat quarters that I really hate to unfold (I like that triangle method of folding--reminds me of passing notes in school). The batiks, though I'm fighting a major case of cutter's remorse, are already marked for a project. The super thin masking tape is a great idea -- I had bought some of that colored quilter's tape and found that it doesn't stick worth a hoot. This stuff WORKS! All you sent is fabulous, and all will be used soon! Thank you so much for a wonderful gift.

Nancy in Louisiana 10-14-2010 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to share with y'all a picture of a project made with one of the first fat quarters I received from my SQA. I loved the pattern on it and wanted to find just the right use. Finally I did when I received a Dell Mini Notebook. It was just enough to make a fantastic case, and I didn't lose any of the fabric's pattern.

letsquilt 10-14-2010 10:36 AM

that mini note book cover is cute

brushandthimble 10-14-2010 12:30 PM

beautiful surprise packages all around:)

I too have a package to get out this weekend for my Angelee:)

chewboo 10-14-2010 12:36 PM

i owe picture and need to get my package out

sewnsewer2 10-14-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Here is the surprise I received yesterday from my SQA -- and y'all are going to be envious. The pumpkin panel is huge, and I just happen to have some fabric stashed away that coordinates perfectly. Also I have three new fat quarters that I really hate to unfold (I like that triangle method of folding--reminds me of passing notes in school). The batiks, though I'm fighting a major case of cutter's remorse, are already marked for a project. The super thin masking tape is a great idea -- I had bought some of that colored quilter's tape and found that it doesn't stick worth a hoot. This stuff WORKS! All you sent is fabulous, and all will be used soon! Thank you so much for a wonderful gift.

Oooo, love that panel!!