Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

sharon b 12-17-2010 08:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
THANK YOU jnebug June You were the best Angel a person could hope for :thumbup:
Here is my reveal package :Box of chocolates ( couldn't show the inside :oops: LOL) 2 towels, a window suncatcher, a keychain clip on hand sanitizer, the patterns Stack'n Whack , Log Cabin Star table runner, Perkins Dry Goods, another table runner pattern with fabric and 2 30's fabric fat quarters :thumbup:

Thank You Kwhite and Jnebug it was a GREAT year :lol:

sharon b 12-17-2010 08:05 AM

The person I was sending to was brushandthimble and she was not in chat last night so I hope she has a Merry Christmas and enjoyed the year as much as I did :lol:

OdessaQuilts 12-17-2010 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by PuffinGin

Originally Posted by kwhite
I want to thank everyone for the big surprise last night. I really was surprised and that is hard to do. Ask my DH and DD. Thank you everyone for the fun times this past year. I hope the comming year has even more fun then last year. Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

Karen, you are most welcome! We loved doing this. Much thanks to OdessaQuilts for doing so much to make this happen. She's an absolute angel. In fact, she was my angel this year, which I didn't know until last night.

This was a wonderful swap; great fun to send presents to my Angelee and get surprises from Angel. I plan to stay in touch with both of them.

Happy Holidays for everyone!!

Karen, we (PuffinGin and I) had such a great time working together on this "surprise" for you. It was tricky to keep it a secret from you, but we somehow managed. I'm glad your box arrived safely and on time. Sadly, my Angelee (PuffinGin) didn't get her box yet ... likely will receive it today!

And PuffinGin, my dear - I have so enjoyed being your SQA this year. It has always been a thrill to find something to send to you, and please know that I think of you nearly every day. When your box does arrive, there are 3 photos in it that I hope you treasure ... it's the angel we put on our tree at church in memory of your DH, Darryl. I hope you keep them displayed somewhere so you know our thoughts are with you always, and that we honor him in this very special way. When you sent me the e-mail with the news, not knowing that I was your SQA, my heart just broke for you. I wished I could wrap you up in a hug, and since you didn't tell "Lula", she couldn't respond in that thoughtful way she wanted. So I'm happy that I could find a little someone to help memorialize him for you.

It has been a wonderful year of surprises and friendships with this swap. I have had the most wonderful Angel (AussieCroydon), who surprised me with a great box of goodies that I opened early as she was not able to be in the reveal chat. I've sent her a PM thanking her for her friendship this past year, and we certainly plan to keep that friendship going. We're trying to plan a Skype call so that we can put faces to the names before Christmas, so if anyone else might want to do that, I'd recommend it as Skype is free!

Karen, again, thank you so much for being the bestest HEAD ANGEL we could have hoped for! You tolerated a lot of stuff from us ... some good, some bad, some ugly. But we're quilters and we will hang together no matter what. You kept a civil head about you and we did our best to follow suit.

(And lest she think we forgot about her contributions, Gaigai, you should be receiving a box from the whole lot of us, too, if you haven't already. It's got some specific things for you, to thank you for your part in putting so many of us together.)

What great friendships we've generated! Happiest of Holidays to all Angels and Angelees!

mcdaniel023 12-17-2010 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
mcdaniel023- it's me- Barbm.

There are many Barb's on the board, it's not hard to add a space and I become Barb M. Although, she's really talented so I wouldn't mind being mixed up with her. :)

Oh- the hand cream and lip balm are also locally made. My friends have a daughter with microencephaly and the funds from the sale of the creams, etc. go to their group. The kids also package the soaps and creams for delivery. They are all natural. I love them and have even bought the natural dog shampoos. They are online too.

Glad you enjoyed your package. Had a hard time trying to fit everything in there!

Barbm

Thanks so much for everything. You are not kidding about trying to fit it all in. It was packed full of all kinds of wonderful goodies. I was blessed to have you as my angel. Hugs,
Deb

mjsylvstr 12-17-2010 11:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Everyone is thanking their angels and showing the gifts received from them......mine will be shown after Christmas as my Angel, Karie, sent it to Florida and I will open upon arrival there....

BUT...........

from my angelee, gramakitten, I received these beautiful remembrances of 2010.....and she now tells me that she knew me almost from the beginning..but she never let on.....

1st. pic..Christmas napkins which open to a semi circle napkin, goody-snacks for the holidays, a holiday pattern for 2011 (will take me that long to figure out the qpplique) and a cookbook of scrumptious delights.
2nd...A matching table runner, it is a lot longer but I shortened it for the picture.....it is lovely.
and 3rd....an Angel pin to keep me safe during my trip south.

thanks so much, Kathi and I wish you and all the quilting ladies a very Merry Christmas and a wonderfully happy New Year.

aren't they just great?????
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144292[/ATTACH]

this will be just wonderful on my holiday table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144293[/ATTACH]

GladGrams 12-17-2010 11:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
She has revealed her self! My lovely Angel is Laparshall.

May she be doubly and triply blessed in the coming year. I shall post the pics below.

The whole family got to experience opening my box and oohed and aaahed over each thing.

You can only imagine the frowns when I announced the cotton candy was for ME! Ha ha ha ha ha ha - they shall not touch my treat.

Now we can set out to become "real friends" this coming year.

redquilter 12-17-2010 11:30 AM

I wasn't able to make chat last night and hope that my angel will reveal herself to me either here or by PM. PLEASE! Pretty please with sugar on top!

jetnica 12-17-2010 01:05 PM

I got a wonderful box from my angelee - letsquilt - with two incredible turtle ornaments, a kit, and a pretty nifty calendar that I will be sure to use at school!

I also somehow forgot to open my card last night to find out who my angel was!! i remembered in the middle of 3rd period class today that I was allowed to open it last night!!

Aurora -- THANK YOU -- you have sent wonderful things all year, and the fabrics have been perfect for so many of my projects!! I also got your christmas card today - THANK YOU!!

=) Today is MUCH better than yesterday! =) =)

gaigai 12-17-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Karen, again, thank you so much for being the bestest HEAD ANGEL we could have hoped for! You tolerated a lot of stuff from us ... some good, some bad, some ugly. But we're quilters and we will hang together no matter what. You kept a civil head about you and we did our best to follow suit.

(And lest she think we forgot about her contributions, Gaigai, you should be receiving a box from the whole lot of us, too, if you haven't already. It's got some specific things for you, to thank you for your part in putting so many of us together.)

What great friendships we've generated! Happiest of Holidays to all Angels and Angelees!

WOW!! I just got my box, and I am absolutely blown away! Thank you all so very much, I am absolutely surprised and thrilled!! But I really didn't do anything, Karen is the one who deserves all the credit. All I did was send out a few emails, I really don't deserve your generosity. But I do appreciate you. You are all the very best, and I love all y'all!!

I have to work tonight, and don't have time to take and post a pic now, but I will tomorrow morning when I get home. Again, Thank you all so very, very much!! Like Karen, I was totally surprised.

Chele 12-17-2010 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's been so much fun to see all the lovely surprises and friendships made this year. From beautiful cards to floral arrangements and everything in between, you can tell the angels have been a busy and thoughtful bunch.

My angel STAR spoiled me rotten all year long and sent the most lovely things that she knew I would love. I have played with everything she sent me and my kids had fun with all the goodies she sent. I feel so lucky as I'm sure all of you do.

Happy holidays to everyone. May the memories of Secret Quilt Angel continue to remind you of the kindness of quilters.