Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

sewnsewer2 02-02-2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Is there a way to get more info on our angels such as their likes? I have very little info on my angel and haven't learned much from her posts :-(

Did you look on the user list, for their little blurb about themselves? At the beginning we were all encouraged up update our profile, like birthdate, colors, collections, favorite things, etc.

Yes, I did a search, have been watching for her posts and looked at her profile. I know her b-day, but not anniversary (or if she is married, kids etc).

Gramakitten 02-03-2010 05:02 AM

I wasn't pointing to any one. We have such a high unemployment rate in michigan it was just a comment. Sorry if I offended anyone.

sandpat 02-03-2010 05:58 AM

Cool K! What a nice thing for someone to do for you! You deserve it, setting up this one had to take a lot of time.

You are right sewnsewer2....if they don't post much or haven't updated their profile, its really hard to know anything. Mine doesn't post much, so I just have to go with my gut....she likes to sew...that opens up a HUGE avenue of shopping. I keep hoping that she will become more active as the time goes along, but who knows, she might be scared of the computer....or she just isn't such a big mouth as little ole' me... :oops: :lol: :roll:

MNQuilter 02-03-2010 06:27 AM

Is there a way to get more info on our angels such as their likes? I have very little info on my angel and haven't learned much from her posts :-(

Another thing I've done is a google search of my angel's real name. I found a little more info about her. I also searched Facebook to see if she's on there. Even if their profile is locked, you can sometimes get some info. Also, see if you can bait some info out of her by posting certain subjects and hoping she will respond. I think a lot of us are trying to post a little more to help out our angels. It's hard when we get so little info. I'm terrified that I'm going to send something my Angelee won't like! I agonize everytime I go into the fabric store!

chewboo 02-03-2010 06:53 AM

personally i really like everything so my angel can just send--if it is fabric i have never usedit just gives me a challange

laparshall 02-03-2010 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by MNQuilter

Another thing I've done is a google search of my angel's real name. I found a little more info about her. I also searched Facebook to see if she's on there. Even if their profile is locked, you can sometimes get some info. Also, see if you can bait some info out of her by posting certain subjects and hoping she will respond. I think a lot of us are trying to post a little more to help out our angels. It's hard when we get so little info. I'm terrified that I'm going to send something my Angelee won't like! I agonize everytime I go into the fabric store!

Great suggestions on finding info on our Angelees. I think you should relax, have fun, and trust your judgment. Just send things that you would enjoy receiving. We are all quilters, and I don't think there is one piece of fabric that I could receive that I wouldn't be able to find some use for. It is also nice to build your stash. My friends and family often give me FQ's as gifts. Sometimes I wonder about a piece, but I have gone to those FQ's on many occasions and found the "perfect" piece for a project. Many of us make charity quilts, if someone were to receive a piece that wasn't really their style, it could always be used in a charity quilt. So don't worry. Choose what you like. Your Angelee is bound to like it too.

chewboo 02-03-2010 07:04 AM

i totally agree with you laparshall make it fun and dont stress

jamh 02-03-2010 07:04 AM

ok im getting a little worried i sent a package last week and no post!! I hope it got there ok or I hoped she liked it!! But it did have to go aaaaalllllooooonnnnngggg way! I shall just wait and send more!!! lol :) :) :)

sewnsewer2 02-03-2010 08:16 AM

Ok, thanks ladies.

How about as a reminder, everyone up date their profiles. My angel has a different state in her profile, but has been receiving her gifts from me.

As for me... the only thing I don't care for is batiks.

Nancy in Louisiana 02-03-2010 08:26 AM

----------------------------------------------

I have the same problem. No posts here, no pictures of goodies received , just a very brief acknowledgment. No comments on other angels' gifts received, nothing really in other posts either. I'm just guessing as well.