Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

Chele 02-17-2010 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've really enjoyed seeing all these Valentine's Day gifties! What wonderful SQA's we have!

I wasn't expecting to hear from my angel since she just sent my wonderful Valentine package, but look what showed up in my mailbox today! She embroidered a darling "Love to Sew" motif and included some pretty quilt labels that I can really use!

I'm going to make a mini wall hanging with the embroidered piece. See the fabrics I picked to border the embroidery? Thanks SQA! You always spoil me!

Moonpi 02-17-2010 03:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures, Moonpi inspected!

those greens are wonderful
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11363[/ATTACH]

had to move her to take the other picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11364[/ATTACH]

dojo36 02-17-2010 03:25 PM

my angelee lives in an apartment, so here's some of my thoughts:
maybe somebody else intercepted her package and didn't give it to her.
maybe she's in hospital.
maybe she moved and i don't have her new address.
maybe the package just got lost somewhere along the way.
maybe i need a different address for her.
maybe the neighborhood dog chewed it up & carried it off.

i made her something else and embroidered her initials on it and i want her to have it but in case any of the above is true, then i need to know so i can somehow get it to her. also i feel bad if she didn't get my last gift and she's thinking her angel didn't send her anything.
donna

Dawn Hendrix 02-17-2010 03:35 PM

Chele.... man o man ..lucky girl.. love those.. can I have your angel... LOL

Moonpie cute stuff and I agree those greens are FABULOUS... glad the cat approved! LOL

Sugarpumpkin 02-17-2010 03:41 PM

what a beautiful kitty!

and of course...great gifts!

SaraSewing 02-17-2010 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another totally unexpected pkg from my furry angel. 1/2 yard of these totally beautiful fabrics. It's patriotic, springs, homey, all at once! Thank you. Now I need to quit playing with swaps and get sewing. Thankyou. You are kind, generous, and can't wait to tell you how special you help me feel.

Janstar 02-17-2010 04:42 PM

Beautiful fabrics all of you! My angel had double this month, bless her heart. Val. day and B-day. I love everything I got!!!! Thanks again SQA!!!!!!!!!!

dojo36 02-17-2010 05:03 PM

omg i must apologize. i'm the one that's been complaining that i haven't heard from my angelee that she recd my Feb valentine package. i'm so sorry but she actually did post it (no pictures - just a post) and i missed it somehow. i'm so sorry but somebody else found it for me. but i'll just blame it on old age - if that will work! :oops:

Catlady 02-17-2010 05:10 PM

that'll work!! LOL

montanaquilter 02-17-2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
It's actually my understanding that NOTHING is REQUIRED. Holidays and Special Occasions are NOT mandatory. You send when you can.
There are no rules to this.

I dont mean to be rude but some of you are starting to sound like a bunch of whiny spoiled brats. Complaining that you didn't get anything for Valentines day is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

You're sounding really selfish and the point of this swap isn't about what you RECEIVE...but about what you GIVE...
It's just a perk that you happen to receive things! It's all about showing someone else that they are thought about and that you are thinking of them.

Some people have financial troubles. Others have family issues they are dealing with. You never know what your angel is dealing with so cut her some slack. It's only February!

Again..nothing is mandatory! It was just a suggestion that those would be the times you send things.

Thats just my two cents...

Okay MY mistake I thought we decided that the holidays and special occaisons WOULD be mandatory. It's really not in the spirit of things if some of these ppl don't EVER hear or receive anything from their "ANGELS". I'm sure that everyone can afford a piece of paper, an envelope and a stamp and let their angelees know that they are at least they are thinking of them. You are right that gifts aren't THAT important but....a card or an email would be great! Some of these sweet people haven't heard anything from their angels and I for one feel really bad for them, especially since they are spending hard earned money giving to their angels!! And if they can't do at least that, then maybe they shouldn't play cause I'm sure it's causing some hurt feelings and that is just not nice!! I am not complaining, I am defending!!
My angel has been great and I hope that I am doing a good job also as an angel.
Just wanted to clarify some things for you Sugarpumpkin. :cry: