Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

montanaquilter 02-17-2010 06:59 PM

Sorry for the rant but this has upset me a little.

trupeach 02-17-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by montanaquilter

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
It's actually my understanding that NOTHING is REQUIRED. Holidays and Special Occasions are NOT mandatory. You send when you can.
There are no rules to this.

I dont mean to be rude but some of you are starting to sound like a bunch of whiny spoiled brats. Complaining that you didn't get anything for Valentines day is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

You're sounding really selfish and the point of this swap isn't about what you RECEIVE...but about what you GIVE...
It's just a perk that you happen to receive things! It's all about showing someone else that they are thought about and that you are thinking of them.

Some people have financial troubles. Others have family issues they are dealing with. You never know what your angel is dealing with so cut her some slack. It's only February!

Again..nothing is mandatory! It was just a suggestion that those would be the times you send things.

Thats just my two cents...

Okay MY mistake I thought we decided that the holidays and special occaisons WOULD be mandatory. It's really not in the spirit of things if some of these ppl don't EVER hear or receive anything from their "ANGELS". I'm sure that everyone can afford a piece of paper, an envelope and a stamp and let their angelees know that they are at least they are thinking of them. You are right that gifts aren't THAT important but....a card or an email would be great! Some of these sweet people haven't heard anything from their angels and I for one feel really bad for them, especially since they are spending hard earned money giving to their angels!! And if they can't do at least that, then maybe they shouldn't play cause I'm sure it's causing some hurt feelings and that is just not nice!! I am not complaining, I am defending!!
My angel has been great and I hope that I am doing a good job also as an angel.
Just wanted to clarify some things for you Sugarpumpkin. :cry:

I thought holidays were mandatory too. But what hoildays there are so many even though I have been sending something about every 3 weeks they are not always hoilday related. Also I thought special occasions WERE mandatory that is why we had to let Kwhite know what special occasions were important to us and there date. Isn't that what was said on the sign up thread??????? Examples were given like birthdays or even some silly days like it it was the first day you were ever kissed as long as that date was important to the Angelee.
But on the other hand I don't want to insult my Angelee by sending her something on a holiday that she doesn't celebrate. I am just going to do what i have been doing and hope for the best. I do feel bad for the people who haven't received anything from there Angel. Maybe all that haven't received can be rematched. Just a thought.

Catlady 02-17-2010 08:03 PM

Just a thought, maybe the ones who haven't received
anything have angels that are not in the USA. Mail
from another country could take quite a while to get
here.

mcdaniel023 02-18-2010 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Catlady
Just a thought, maybe the ones who haven't received
anything have angels that are not in the USA. Mail
from another country could take quite a while to get
here.

That is true. Maybe if they haven't recieved ANYTHING, (note, gift, card ) they should PM kwhite and I bet she could/would contact them and just check things out and let the angelee know that everything is ok and their Angel will be in contact soon. We don't want anyone to have bad feelings or be left out. Everything can be done privately and no feelings will be hurt and the angry words can stay off this wonderful thread.

mjsylvstr 02-18-2010 03:46 AM

I thought that this was a photo thread..

let's keep it that way

Gramakitten 02-18-2010 05:26 AM

I truly believe in Angels. THAT is why I joined this swap. My Angel (My Grandmother) sits on my shoulder daily. She whispers encourgements when I need them. She is just there. I will be that angel for my granddaughters when I am gone.

I feel that my angel does that for me on this forum. She sends me things when I least expect them.

I sing her songs in my head all day long. She is with me all day every day. When I am not thinking about her I wonder what my Angelee is doing with her boys.

Long enough prattling on. I just love this group.

Knot Sew 02-18-2010 05:38 AM

Most of us have fabric and sewing stuff, we are not just looking for gifts.
What we are mostly trying to say is we want to be thought of and remembered. A card is not that much. International $1 give or take 50 cents. In the US a lot less
Those hearing from their Angel every few weeks congrats..

This is the story of have, and have nots. They will never quite understand each other. :oops: or call it hearing and not hearing

kwhite 02-18-2010 05:48 AM

Ok Ladies settle down. Let's clear things up a bit.

1. NOTHING IS MANDATORY!!!! EVER!!!!
2. I asked for dates and such to give your Angel ideas.
3. Right now I am very busy with a job hunt that is on the horizon. (the big one too)
4. I have your requests and I will get them dealt with this weekend after my interview.
5. I will be reviewing who has gotten, who has not gotten and why. I suspect I will be pulling people out if they have no reason for not sending or do not answer my requests for explanation in a timely manner.
6. This is a "free form" exchange and will never be fair. It is sorta like playing the lottery. Everyone has different circumstances and will do what they can I am sure. If not They will be removed.

I hope this solves some things. Please calm down and try to take the exchange in the spirit in which it was intended. For FUN!!! Thanks Karen White

Gramakitten 02-18-2010 06:08 AM

Amen KWhite

brushandthimble 02-18-2010 06:10 AM

Somehow I got disconneted to the group and especially this thread. I haven't seen at least5 pages on this thread, and nothing from any posts for the last 12 hours.
I will go back more pages and check that I posted I received a Valentine package from my Angel, Thank you, I loved the FQ and the calendar pages.