Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

Leota 02-06-2010 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
DH called me at work yesterday afternoon and said: "You got a box in the mail today I think it is from your Angel.” When I got home last night, this was waiting for me on my dining room table. DH watched closely as I was examining it, he said, “it a birthday present and it is from your Secret Angel, and then asked: "are you really going to wait until Saturday to open it?" "It says Don't Open Til Your B-day" He has that special way of looking over his glasses, sorta encouraging me cuz he is dying to know, yet at the same time ready to judge me if I do open it. I left it on the table, and went up to my sewing room for 1 1/2 hrs. Came down and it was still sitting there waiting, taunting me, so I picked it up and gave it a little shake, it is kinda heavy! Sigh! I sat it back down and went to bed. Sigh! All the way to Saturday???. . .Big Sigh!! Oh what could it be?
This morning, the box was still sitting right there on the table waiting for me, I just smiled and thought isn’t she something? Who would know? Boy, I'd better wait. So I picked it up and shook it, just a little, one more time, and boy it does have some weight to it. I then headed out to the kitchen counter with it where I have my utility scissors (just in case). Instead, I found my camera and took a picture to post so the rest of you can wait with me. So now we will all wait until Saturday. Hurts don't it? I will check back tomorrow to show you what's inside.
My Secret Angel is a big teaser!!! Isn't she fun? I agree, there is a lot of love being sent around here. Thank you so much Sweet Angel for the fun surprise. And after you just sent me that wonderful anniversary present a couple of weeks ago. I am so lucky to have you thinking of me.
‘til tomorrow. . .
Linda

Ok, Linda, it's Saturday... Happy Birthday.... Now, open your box :D We want to see what your SQA sent you... hurry up...

barbsbus 02-06-2010 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the neatest package from my SQA. Thank you so much.
So many really unique things. Just in time to make some fun gifts for the great grands and adult children. I will use the little hearts on some quickie Valentine dolls. The marking pen will come in handy for the nautical flags I am making for our son's sailboat, it a birthday present for his 45th birthday on the 27th. The pretty note pad will help me keep organized, I like the way it has a stand and the pretty Valentine material is darling and going to be part of either a quilt or doll clothes. I am going to use the heart buttons on some kitchen towels for both of my daughters' birthday presents also this month (50th and 51st).
Boy it is hard to believe that my kids will soon become senior citizens. I remember teasing my MIL when she turned 55 and qualified to get a discount at a restruant we used to eat at.
Thank you again, SQA, You are the BEST!

100_2418
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29086[/ATTACH]

crkathleen 02-06-2010 10:19 AM

Thank you Secret Angel! I went to the post office yesterday and picked up my package. It had a box of of chocolates, that didn't last long! a cute teddy bear, a thimble with a pin cushion attached (Oh so cute!)some heart buttons, a box that holds your wound up bobbins and some heart lollipops! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the quilty stuff I'm getting. :)

sewnsewer2 02-06-2010 12:46 PM

barbsbus, great gifts! Love that fabric too.

sandpat 02-06-2010 04:17 PM

Cute stuff!! Sounds like some more perfect angels!

brushandthimble 02-06-2010 04:33 PM

Great gifts from your Angel.

chewboo 02-06-2010 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
guess what was in my mail box today i dont know now i cant wait for next week its for valentines day

laparshall 02-06-2010 05:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I opened my birthday box this morning, but I wasn't able to post a message w/picture until now. OMG!!! My Angel is so generous. I just wanted to call her up and say thank you for all the great quilty stuff that she put in the box. It was sooooo worth the wait!!! Inside I found a great quilting magazine, sets of home made cards for me to use, absolutely love that idea; there was a very cool steno note pad with a sort of card on the front with a great pen; a beautiful Moda jellyroll, along with a wonderful book Layer Cake, Jelly Roll, and Charm Quilts by Pam & Nicky Lintott. Wow! I was giddy with surpise and excitment when I was opening all of the gifts. DH and best friend sat and watch in amazement as I opened one thing after another.
Dear Angel: I was so taken aback by your thoughtfulness and your generosity. I find it so hard to imagine that a complete stranger would go out of her way so much to bless me. I just want you to know that the end of the year seems very far away, but I do look forward to finding out your identity at that time so I can personally thank you. Also, it is like you somehow know things, I'm not sure how, but the Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm book is the book that I need for the retreat that I am going to on Feb 19-21, I had planned to just buy the book there, but now I get a sneak preview. I will also be using the jelly roll to make the quilt on that weekend. I will post a picture of my progress when I return. Thank you again.
Linda

Look at all the presents
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24242[/ATTACH]

Wow!! These are great!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24243[/ATTACH]

sewnsewer2 02-06-2010 05:56 PM

Oh boy Linda, those are really nice! You'll sure have fun with it all.

Leota 02-06-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by laparshall
I opened my birthday box this morning, but I wasn't able to post a message w/picture until now. OMG!!! My Angel is so generous. I just wanted to call her up and say thank you for all the great quilty stuff that she put in the box. It was sooooo worth the wait!!! Inside I found a great quilting magazine, sets of home made cards for me to use, absolutely love that idea; there was a very cool steno note pad with a sort of card on the front with a great pen; a beautiful Moda jellyroll, along with a wonderful book Layer Cake, Jelly Roll, and Charm Quilts by Pam & Nicky Lintott. Wow! I was giddy with surpise and excitment when I was opening all of the gifts. DH and best friend sat and watch in amazement as I opened one thing after another.
Dear Angel: I was so taken aback by your thoughtfulness and your generosity. I find it so hard to imagine that a complete stranger would go out of her way so much to bless me. I just want you to know that the end of the year seems very far away, but I do look forward to finding out your identity at that time so I can personally thank you. Also, it is like you somehow know things, I'm not sure how, but the Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm book is the book that I need for the retreat that I am going to on Feb 19-21, I had planned to just buy the book there, but now I get a sneak preview. I will also be using the jelly roll to make the quilt on that weekend. I will post a picture of my progress when I return. Thank you again.
Linda

WOW... your angel is awesome... have fun with all your pretties :D Happy Birthday!