Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

Catlady 02-07-2010 02:32 PM

Hi. I received a beautiful charm packet of 40 oriental
fabrics. I just love it. Thank you so much Secret Angel.
Some of them are just too pretty to cut up but I will as
soon as I find the appropriate pattern. I was thinking
about paper piecing but I haven't tried it yet, but I
will soon. Thanks again.

Catlady

laparshall 02-07-2010 07:03 PM

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. I have been very busy enjoying my birthday. It has been a wonderful weekend. I received so many great gifts. I am sooooo lucky to have been given the Angel I have.

Thank you again Angel. I spent the evening going through the Layer Cakes, Jelly Rolls. . .book trying to decide which quilt to make for the retreat. I am torn between Rasberry Ripple" p. 14; "Razzle Dazzle" p. 80; and "StormyWeather" p. 94. I have gotten so much enjoyment from looking at this book, I can't wait to get started.

PuffinGin 02-08-2010 08:08 AM

I was pleased to hear from my Angel this weekend. She's going to design a Mystery Quilt for me, periodically sending me instructions. My initial installment instructs me on selecting fabrics. I did want to mention to you, Dear Angel, that most of the fabrics in my stash are in fairly small amounts, a yard or maybe a half yard so I'd appreciate that the mystery quilt you design for me can be relatively small -- lap or wall hanging size. I haven't bought larger quantities unless I needed them for a specific project so I don't think I'd have enough of appropriate fabrics if it's larger. I'm currently not in a position to go out and buy more.

I think this is going to be fun! I'm looking forward to getting my next installment. I'll be going through my stash and making my selections soon.

CajunQuilter2 02-08-2010 08:19 AM

Puffin I think that is awesome that your sqa is doing that. Keep us updated as it progressesm

redquilter 02-08-2010 08:20 AM

Wow! Cool. Everyone is getting such imaginative gifts. I read that many of you updated your profile so I did the same. Not that it really matters - my angel, if you're listening, has my number and has done fabulously!

Knot Sew 02-08-2010 10:31 AM

I envy some of you, and feel bad for some who still haven't heard anything or even got a card. I have only the post office sometimes to tell me if packages get through. This can be discouraging.. I have heard from my angel once and some other dear sweet ladies have sent me sweet cards and fat quarters. They have helped me through this very cold winter :-D :-D :-D thank you chele and secret sister

Grama Lehr 02-08-2010 10:46 AM

KNOT SEW, I hope that you get something real soon! Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I know that I really appreciated getting a gift, so I hope my Angel likes hers! Hang in there, you should get something real soon.

Knot Sew 02-08-2010 11:00 AM

I heard from her once when she sent a package, but would be very happy with just cards. I don't do winter very well anymore. Gift are nice but I would just love hearing from her

Grama Lehr 02-08-2010 11:09 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

ligia 02-08-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by PuffinGin
She's going to design a Mystery Quilt for me, I did want to mention to you, Dear Angel,

Puffin,

Its sooo cool that SQAs communicate like that :lol:
QB is unique :thumbup: