Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Show off you backside! Quilt backs that is! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/show-off-you-backside-quilt-backs-t148395.html)

NitaM39 06-21-2012 01:52 PM

Really neat backs, alas, my pieced backs are mostly helter skelter - nowhere as neat as yours.

cdmmiracles 06-21-2012 01:55 PM

oooohhhhh I like them all too, but especially the panda (4th) one. Is that just the material pattern???

burchquilts 06-21-2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost (Post 4061929)
Good work!

I've gone in a different direction -- I bought many yards of wide bleached muslin with a coupon at JoAnn's. I don't use quilt fabric for the backs much anymore. I just keep taking pieces off of this large amount. We'll see what I do when it runs out!

That's been my take on quilt backs, too. I got a couple of bolts of Moda muslin a couple of years ago when Hancock's had a big sale. I also have gotten fabric from the clearance section on Connecting Threads (some are $2.50 a yard!) that I plan to use.

DDuMouchel 09-01-2013 03:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's very unusual for me NOT to piece my backsides. :) Whenever I give a quilt to a family member the first thing they do is to flip the quilt over to see what's on the back.

This weekend I'm working on a simple back made from 5" squares ranging in color from brown to white-on-white. It will only take 676 (insert crazed laughter here) I've only got about 100 more squares to cut. I feel like it's definitely a "Labor Day!"

simply addicted 09-01-2013 03:25 PM

Thank you they are great ideas for all of us to use!

Jvan228 09-02-2013 05:58 AM

This is a great idea. It will give me a chance to use up some of my stash that I just can't figure out what to do with. I have a lot of fabric purchased at yard sales and estate sales. Hmmmm the wheels are already spinning.

DDuMouchel 09-02-2013 06:07 AM

Jvan, this is where a lot of my second-hand men's shirts will be used ...

bearisgray 09-02-2013 06:17 AM

Your piecedbacks are all very attractive - I would consider them to be "fronts". :thumbup:

quilter in the making 09-02-2013 07:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I really want my quilt backs to match the front of the quilt but have also gone to creative when backing quilts. It started because I wasn't considering how to back a quilt when I bought the original fabric for the front and then got the quilt tops pieced and couldn't wait to start the sandwich until I could find the perfect fabric for the back. Then I'd frequently find I had lots of leftover fabric, but not enough to make an entire back which led to piecing backs. Now people can't wait to see what I've done with the backs. Weird, but does make it interesting. Here are a couple of my attempts at piecing backs to match the quilt fronts.

SandyinZ4 09-03-2013 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope I haven't posted this before but this is the back of my pinwheels quilt.