Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneak-peek-elle-new-pic-page-14-a-t7913.html)

KellyPA 07-24-2008 10:32 AM

Beautiful!!!!!!

Marcia 07-24-2008 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Riley
Marcia, I hope you see this & if you do not respond, I will get you a PM sent eventually. (That sounds ungrateful--my apology---I am keeping 2 G-Grands ages 3 & 4 while their Mommy is in the hospital with an appendectomy..whoa doggies, they are energetic! :) )

I wanted to thank you for the referal to the Ecology Cloth folks. I have been in contact with their daughter(she runs the web site) & I ordered the whole bolt. They do no credit card orders, it is money order or check.
So I sent them a check.

THANK YOU so very much!!!! I appreciate your tip on the cloth & am anxious for it to arrive, however long that might be! :mrgreen:

Riley

Riley-I see your post-you do not need to PM Me. And you do not sound ungrateful at all-just really busy. And I understand-MY daughter had an emergency appendectomy last summer and I kept my 3 granddaughters-they were 1, 2 1/2 and almost 4 at the time, so I know about the energetic wearing you out!!!!

Hope you like the ecology cloth--a whole bolt--WOW!! I just buy it in 3 yard increments! :mrgreen:

Marcia 07-24-2008 01:25 PM

Melissa-Have you started quilting yet? I cannot wait to see this quilt finished. You are sooo good!!

mgshaw 07-24-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Melissa-Have you started quilting yet? I cannot wait to see this quilt finished. You are sooo good!!

The darn thing is still setting where it was after I took the last pictures!!! It has just been one of those weeks!!!!!

gcathie 07-24-2008 11:26 PM

mgshaw....you do such great work... :D I'm sure you probably have the quilt finished by now and I see what you mean about the triangles guess that would make a difference ....I just was giving a suggestion....should have known you already thought about that... :roll: I just love your colors and how nice they come together....can't wait to see the end results!! :D

mgshaw 07-25-2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by gcathie
mgshaw....you do such great work... :D I'm sure you probably have the quilt finished by now and I see what you mean about the triangles guess that would make a difference ....I just was giving a suggestion....should have known you already thought about that... :roll: I just love your colors and how nice they come together....can't wait to see the end results!! :D

I STILL dont have those borders on!! :( And I am always open to suggestions!) I had a dark brown that I wanted to use but that setting triangle is such an odd color, it looks good next to the blocks but just wasnt working with different border colors, I tried lighter, darker, same value. maybe I just dont have the perfect color for it. But I do appreciate your input!!!! Thank you!!

Butterflyspain 07-26-2008 06:45 AM

Just bringing this back up to look at because its so nice, but also because I was having a look for some quilting books today and in Amazon I found one entitled Civil War Love Quilts. So I am dying for it to arrive to read all about this. Have you heard of it? Thought it was kind of sweet.

Elle

mgshaw 07-26-2008 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Just bringing this back up to look at because its so nice, but also because I was having a look for some quilting books today and in Amazon I found one entitled Civil War Love Quilts. So I am dying for it to arrive to read all about this. Have you heard of it? Thought it was kind of sweet.

Elle

I Have The Civil War Love Letter Quilt, Is that the one you mean? Also have The Civil War Diary Quilt. I havent completely read them yet, just skimmed through reading a letter here and there and looking at the quilt blocks.

Butterflyspain 07-26-2008 07:41 AM

I Have The Civil War Love Letter Quilt, Is that the one you mean? Also have The Civil War Diary Quilt. I havent completely read them yet, just skimmed through reading a letter here and there and looking at the quilt blocks.[/quote]

Yes thats the one, The Civil War Love Letter Quilt. Got it for 1/2 price too.
They also bring to your attention books that might interest you if you buy certain books and the brought the Civil War Diary Quilt. I was interested in the quilt blocks. Does it show how to do them, or you just get a picture and have find the block.

Elle

mgshaw 07-26-2008 07:46 AM

It shows a picture of the block and line drawing of the block, no real instructions. At the beginning of the book it tells you how to make a paper piece pattern or templates, which ever way you want to do it. There is a different block for each letter ore diary entry. I think they are 6" blocks.