Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   toilet paper embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/toilet-paper-embroidery-t34238.html)

dojo36 01-16-2010 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewsilly
Please explain. Is it sewn onto the TP using stabilizer or onto a piece of netting around it?

it is embroidered directly onto the toilet paper.

dojo36 01-16-2010 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Thanks Donna, I like yours too! I use med weight cutaway for mine and tuelle on top, do you?

yes used the cutaway also with a sheet of tear away slid underneath the hoop and a piece of watersoluble on top.

dojo36 01-16-2010 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by jquilts4u
I made several of them for the Christmas Craft Fair. Sold them for $10.00 each with no problem.

golly, if i could sell them for $10.00 each i'd take orders for special designs on them and make them all day.
donna

marsye 01-16-2010 05:35 AM

I would be afraid the guys would use them! :lol:

dojo36 01-16-2010 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
I would be afraid the guys would use them! :lol:

oh, surely not.

:roll:

Bevanger 01-16-2010 07:37 AM

how pretty.

sewnsewer2 01-16-2010 08:10 AM

Donna may have done her's differently, but this is how I made mine.

Hoop your stabilizer, unroll 3 sheets of TP and fold back. spray adhesive onto the stabilizer and place your TP on the center of the hoop.

I lay a piece of white tuell on top and stitch my design. Then when finished, I trim the tuell and re roll the TP and dab a bit of a glue stick to secure, then wrap in tuell with a ribbon.

Donna, is this how you do yours??

sewjoyce 01-16-2010 09:07 AM

Hoop your stabilizer, unroll 3 sheets of TP and fold back. spray adhesive onto the stabilizer and place your TP on the center of the hoop.

I lay a piece of white tuell on top and stitch my design. Then when finished, I trim the tuell and re roll the TP and dab a bit of a glue stick to secure, then wrap in tuell with a ribbon.

Dawn -- that sounds easy :lol: :lol:

dojo36 01-16-2010 09:44 AM

almost, i hoop the cutaway stabilizer, slip piece of tearaway stabilizer under the hoop for extra stability, unroll 3 sheets of tp and fold back like you do, but i didn't spray with adhesive i just held it in middle till it started and it stayed. and instead of using a piece of tulle on top, i used a piece of that water soluble clear stabilizer, but didn't wet it when done, just tore it off. it just pops right off easily. then re-rolled and used spray adhesive to stick it back (anything would do, even double sided scotch tape). then wrapped and tied.
donna

Tadpole 01-16-2010 09:53 AM

Those are just wonderful! I would love to try and make these! Sounds like some next years Christmas gifts to me. Just hope I can do it!