Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Private showing visited again this month... >

Private showing visited again this month...

Private showing visited again this month...

Old 04-19-2015, 04:12 AM

What a quilting adventure! Just a beautiful story to go along with beautiful quilt tops. It is wonderful to still be so involved in a wonderful hobby when you reach the golden years. I think you should use the rooms of a house to accomplish the things you want to do. Dining rooms and their furnishings are for bigger families and frequent company. If that dosen't fit it is best to use the room for something else-like long arm quilting machine and the stuff that goes with it. Generally older folks eat simple meals in the kitchen.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:22 AM

What a wonderful collection and a joy to look at!
Old 04-19-2015, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

That is an amazing story to match amazing quilts.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:21 AM

I so enjoyed the first viewing and am happily viewing these latest quilts. This couple is such an inspiration to all of us! Beautiful quilts!!
Old 04-19-2015, 05:31 AM

Thanks to the gentleman for serving our country. And then to support his wife with his quilting....a love story top to bottom.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

We don't have a lot of WWII vets left! God bless him and thank him for serving our country.... I hope they can get help getting those beautiful quilts quilted and finished. I just love the quilt with the little boats made out of shirt fabrics! All the best to this very talented couple.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:25 AM

Alas we all grow older, and it is a joy to remain on our own homes as long as possible. Now they have their lift chairs that they have needed for a long time and that will help. They will have medical trained nurse visiting them weekly and that will help. Grandson has learned how to LA quilts, and finished one that his dog claimed at his house. Mixed feelings about that usage.

This was my second time in their home, and I have seen the wonderful love the two of them share; a lesson for all their children and grandchildren to witness and follow in their lives. I fell privileged to see and post the pictures of the many quilts I have seen there. She is truly a gifted quilter with colors and quilt tops. Too bad the Veterans Hospital said he was fine when he cannot see with his right eye at all. The state pulled his drivers license, and refused hers at renewal because she could not get her wheelchair into their office, or rise by herself after sitting on a steel chair for two hours. Life is a struggle, more so for the seniors who need help, and not be limited by disabilities. They did not cause any accidents or were evolved in any accident. Yes, they are getting some of the help they need now, so I can continue my prayers for them. May their children continue to help them daily.

And may have I have more pictures to share in the future. She has been known to finish a quilt top in a week.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

These are all very pretty.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

I myself think it's a privilege that they let us see their beautiful work. Glad they got the LA up. Blessings and sending prayers for their continued enjoyment.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:39 PM

What wonderful quilts! What a great legacy for her children.The fabrics and patterns really stand out to me! I wish them many more days to sew and enjoy life!