Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt room >

Quilt room

Quilt room

Old 07-07-2013, 01:20 PM

Default Quilt room

I finally decided to get rid of my big oversized chair and make it a quilting room. It has taken some time - but the transition is complete. Sorry for the Photo Bomb..we have 3 dogs - and it is impossible to not have one somewhere in almost every picture I take! I like the idea of the chair - but decided I have had it with kneeling on the floor to cut. Not to mention I think some of my cuts are off because of cutting on my mat on top of carpet. And the chair is a dog hair magnet.

There is still a lot of stuff in a small room but I am really happy with the change. Eventually we will move my room into the bedroom next door that is currently empty - but there is a lot of work to do in there first.

The best part of the other room is that there is a full wall closet. I struggle with the space in the one I have but have managed to fit most of my stuff in it.

My current fascination are the pretty magnet boxes like the one on the table on the right. I just love them!! I also just got a new thread holder. This one is an upgrade from my last and about 2.5 times bigger. Sometimes I am more of a collector than a quilter! My last great new item is my 31 bag. That is on the floor in the right corner. It fits my binders and my Accuquilt cutter dies perfectly. I just need to order a cover....

Any suggestions to organize more are welcome!

Thanks for looking!!
Attached Thumbnails almost-quilt-room.jpg   quilt-room.jpg   closet.jpg  
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 PM

That looks wonderful!!! You are lucky to have a closet. We took ours out a few years ago since the room was rather small and put in a computer desk. Now of course we all have laptops.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 PM

Now you have a nice bright place and stability for your cutting. You must love it! My quilting room is a small bedroom with one window. I have my machine on a table like yours in front of the window. I also have a second machine in that room as well as plastic storage for fabric. There is also a metal rack with 3 shelves on which are MORE plastic storage containers and baskets full of fabric. Right now it needs a good straightening up. You know hot our areas get after a while. Have fun and enjoy your room.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 PM

I would love to have that window in my quilt room! Mine is in the basement and while I have lots of lighting it's not the same as a window! Good job!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:13 PM

I slowly over the years transitioned this room into mine. We were going to build one in the basement - which would be great with all the built in's I could have - but I do think I would miss the natural light. The room I will be moving into next door has 2 smaller higher windows. But now I don't know if I want my machine or my cutting table by the windows in there. Maybe I can work out a way to do both!

The other nice thing will be a custom table for my Accuquilt....that will be so fun!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:22 PM

Nicely done, you did a nice job. Wish I had a closet to put my material in. I also have a small sewing room, but at least it's mine.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 PM

Awesome room!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM

You should see the room I have that was meant to be a sewing room but ened up with everyones junck in it, Everyday I almost want to cry cause My husband can't help as he has a bad back and there is so much junk thrown in my room when I 'm not home . so sew on a folding tray table where ever I can put it, Waiting for my big day when I get my dream room togeather,It big the room and hope to gert her done soon.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

Your room looks so nice, enjoy!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 PM

Looks great! I find that my kitchen counter is a good height for cutting.