Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
quilting >

quilting

quilting

Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 PM

I made my first quilt in 1973....and I'm still learning. I learn new things constantly and never tire from learning. I also have gained so much from this board and agree that it is a great way to "start or end a day" or both. There is alot of talent on here but also alot of beginners who have enough guts to post pics of their quilts too. I can't say I've ever seen a really ugly quilt. No matter how experienced people get, there is always mistakes to be made now and then. Thanks alot to everyone for the encouragement and friendship they show to each other on this board. You're all fantastic folks and I'm proud to be a member!!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 PM

I've been quilting for quite a few years and consider myself fairly advanced. But since I've been a member of this board, I've learned quite a bit- and am challenged by what I see every day to be better. This is a great place to hang out.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by gramqlts
I made my first quilt in 1973....and I'm still learning. I learn new things constantly and never tire from learning. I also have gained so much from this board and agree that it is a great way to "start or end a day" or both. There is alot of talent on here but also alot of beginners who have enough guts to post pics of their quilts too. I can't say I've ever seen a really ugly quilt. No matter how experienced people get, there is always mistakes to be made now and then. Thanks alot to everyone for the encouragement and friendship they show to each other on this board. You're all fantastic folks and I'm proud to be a member!!!!!
That is well said. :) We all can learn from each other. This is the most wonderful group of people I have seen. Quilters are great!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:04 AM

I can't begin to say what I have learned on this board.Quilting for 20 yrs & never knew that there was 2 sides to a needle. That has really helped my threading. I always start one quilt at a time & finish before I start another but since I've been on this board I think I have 4 different ones going on. I just get so excited about what I see here it really has inspired me to try less traditional patterns -I'm loving it so much more I've even sent a quilt to be machine quilted first time to Charisma. That means I can make more. This board helps me stay young!!!!!!!!!!