Raffel quilt blocks made on hand crank sewing machines

Old 07-18-2010, 02:29 AM

Wow!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:21 PM

Absolutely beautiful!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-18-2010, 12:42 PM

Love the quilt, very pretty.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:31 PM

I like your quilt, what is the name of the pattern.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Hello roserips,
Thank you for the information, I would love to have you come. But I live in California. Folsom which is 20 mins from Sacramento. There is always room if you what to come!!!! Thank you for the information and will send you pictures when I get it finished. This Quilter's Message Board is the best. What great people here. It feels like one great big loving family. Ready to help everyone in need. Thanks again
Margaret.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Beautiful quilt. My local Guild made a "Pink" quilt in April and we sold tickets for it. We made $850.00 $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00. We have a local Cancer org. here in town that we help patients with travel expenses when they have to go for treatments. We live 85 miles from the nearest treatment center. The quilt was drawing was held on June 26th at our "Tough Enough to Wear Pink" night at our annual Rodeo, here in Pecos,Tx. (Home of the World's First Rodeo). We decided that since Pink is a color used for women's cancer that it would be appropriate to give it away that night, that is why for the last five or six years we have had that special night at the Rodeo. Guess who won the quilt, none other than yours truly. I gave the quilt to my daughter who lives in another town, for a friend of hers who was just beginning Chemo treatments and has stage 3 of breast cancer. The lady loved it. When others have congratulated me on the win, and find out that I gave it away the same day, they can hardly believe it. But I tell them, it was made because of wanting to help someone who has cancer, so who but a current patient would be the best to have it. My Thyroid cancer I had apparently is all gone after my suregery last summer from my last Dr. visit. I just couldn't see keeping the quilt when it was really made for others. Good luck on your sales. Are you selling tickets to outsiders or just locally? P.M. me and let me know. Sorry everyone that this is so long, but I wanted to tell you my little story. I would love to know the name of the pattern you used. Gerbie
Hi!, sorry to take so long to get back to you. Glad to hear your cancer is gone. Not a fun thing and how wonderful for your daughters friend. I have a wall hanging hung in the chemo clinic in Chehalis where my Mother went for treatments. (ovarian cancer) Yes if you would like tickets let me know the drawing is this Sunday and I will just buy them for you and you can reimburse me for them $1.00 each. As for the pattern it is just 5" squares with a 2 1/2" square sewn on two corners then folded over to make a triangle. I can send you a sample if you like. Then set together with a 2 1/2" sashing with corner stones.
Busy day today we are hanging quilts for the show.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 AM

Beautiful quilt!! I hope it raises lots of money!! :D
Old 08-06-2010, 06:27 AM

it's lovely. It looks like the white pieces have been signed or decorated that is a nice touch. Best wishes on the ticket sales, I am sure you'll sell lots.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:02 AM

Roserips, I will buy five tickets, and put $5.00 in the mail today, if you send me an address. I'll Pm you with my name and address. Gerbie
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

you guys make a great team! :XD: