Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 PM

Just posting two pics of what I am torn between. If I go with 12-16 one,(Thunder and Lightning), I can use two different shades of red and a white and if I go with 1-25 (Odd Fellows Chain), it looks a lot more detailed but would only use one red and one white. And just to make sure I have this correct...my center block needs to be 12.5 unfinished??? Correct?? I may make up both blocks and see which one I like better. I did say I am shooting for a red and white quilt, didn't I?
Attached Thumbnails 12-16.jpg   1-25.jpg  
Old 08-17-2013, 03:26 AM

Sandy anysize between 12.5 and 24.5 is fine. Each round will be 4.5 inchs or 6.5 inchs so it just has to be sized so one can put a block of either of those two sizes on their round if they want to do a bunch of blocks ie pinwheels or such. if we end up with an off size it makes it harder for the next person to do their round without a whole bunch of math. I do not do a whole bunch of math lol I get all flustered trying to readjust. Those look like beautiful blocks. Remember the larger the block you send the larger your quilt will end up so its up to you what your hoping for. and your block does not have to be square it can be 18.5 x 24.5 if you want it to be so use the basic sizes: 12.5, 18.5 or 24.5 for your starter and the rest will all work out fine. A red and white quilt.. and Jaba has a beautiful purple and white quilt.. what will the brat do.. might be a good time to pull out my turkey fabric on you all or perhaps my skunks.. no? well heck time to go see what I have on my shelves. some gorgeous aqua metallic Kauffman fabric might say make me make me!! up for some blues ladies?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:15 PM

Here's what I'm working with I went through all my fabs looking for just the right thing...and came across these Modas I've never had just the right use for. So,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430808[/ATTACH]

(the white looks white in the pic but it's actually tea stained)

Don't hate them cause their beautiful Lots of color to choose from here.

I'll post my center tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails img_0443.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 05:38 AM

OH YES! that would make a wonderful quilt to work with! Jaba Love yours well duh I fell in love with her center fabric the first time I saw it.. a variety of colors. still haven't decided on mine, maybe I should pull fabric this morning just for the heck of it and see what I can come up with.. can't wait for pics!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:23 AM

Now you have my curiosity going tlambing, waiting to see your center. Have you come up with anything brat? Anybody else working on their's?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Well, here she is.
12.5, should I go bigger? I'm thinking not.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430878[/ATTACH]

Questions:
am I to send my fabrics (companions) along or not?

Do we hold off sending until Sept. 15th?

Do you send it through the shredder when you see that some of my points are not absolutely "perfect"?
Attached Thumbnails img_0449.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 03:22 PM

No shredder here, and depending on what size you want your quilt, make it bigger or not. If you want some of your fabric throughout your quilt then you need to send some with it. I'm going to send maybe a yard at first and then if any of you run out and want some more let me know and I will mail ASAP. Going to send twinriverfarms a PM and ask if I can send my center to her, better check but I think that's who I send to, and if she's says yes, it will be on the way. Whoever sends to me, you can when your center is done. I like your feature block by the way, think it will be awesome
Old 08-18-2013, 03:23 PM

tlambing, your Center is gorgeous. I fear I am going to have to audition lots of different fabrics for your approval. This is my first time doing a RR so there is a small fear factor! I did get my red fabrics washed last night with 'color catcher. Wow! That is a neat product. I thought it just might be a preventative measure so I wouldn't have 'pink' white sections when quilt was ever washed. So I spent today ironing and figuring out which ones to use. So I guess I am working on it a little. Hope to get my block done sometime by next weekend. Have two other commitments this week so not a lot of time to sew. I thought about doing a red, white and black but it didn't call my name loud enough so I am going with red and white. Just a heads up. :-) After seeing the other RR that some of you are in, wow! Hope I can live up to your standards. Like I said, I may be asking for help a LOT! Will post my block when I get it done. :-)
Old 08-18-2013, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
.... Whoever sends to me, you can when your center is done.
Jaba... I think I send to you. Need to go check but that is what is in my mind. :-) Hopefully, you will have my block by end of August...because I have company coming on 30th thru Sept 4th!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM

Send it on, I'm ready. Getting excited to sew on someone's is half the fun.