Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    egad Teresa I was ... keeping you incognito? oh dear times ten. what a donkeys rear end.. names are my WORST thing to remember. I try hard not to use them at all. lol... its safer.

Funny That's better than what many people call me! Just wanted to make sure you were talking to me

Blog Entries
    Hi Road Runner's, As promised, enclosed is a pic of my 'braids' I made at class yesterday. They won't get any further along until DGD's quilt is well on it's way and before that, I will be finishing Teresa's round and then Linda's. Hope to get Teresa's done and in mail by next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

ok that is going to be one pretty quilt. question and a dumb one but since I have never done one of those .. how to you put them together? inset seams? that would be shear horror all those seams if they are inset. also is there a square in between the rows or are they put all together one braid into another? need more scraps? I happen to grow them here... by the bushel it seems
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    .....question and a dumb one but since I have never done one of those .. how to you put them together? inset seams? that would be shear horror all those seams if they are inset. also is there a square in between the rows or are they put all together one braid into another?
    It is very simple to put them together. No inset seams. I will send directions when I send Teresa's quilt...which I am still working on so don't hold your breath. One needs 2 x 4 inch rectangles. When you get a strip done as long as you want it, you just lop it off and start another. The class directions were to put a strip of different fabric between to break them up which I will do but not this year.
    I won't take your scraps. I want you to save them and use them for your own braid. :-) Hope this answered all the ???

Blog Entries
    Just to monopolize the board here...heehee...I put up a tutorial that I learned at our last guild meeting. Thought you all might like to see it for Christmas gift ideas. Fast and easy.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...r-t234247.html

Tomorrow is work on Teresa's border some more. Paper piecing takes time but looks nice.

I have done the top coaster but duh never thought of putting triangles on to make another version. that is an easy coaster and very pretty in the end. I never use coasters however and end up smudge removal duty all the time! why I haven't made any for me no idea...
    Linda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Fixed it brat and did my braid round, mailed today and it's on the way for one more round and then it's on the way home and done.
    Name:  DSCF1683.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  1.25 MB

Blog Entries
    Wow! That looks lovely. Good job Brat and Jaba. I have to say that I am really enjoying paper piecing. Just as an update, I found some fabric that went really well with Teresa's block and I was all gung-ho about using it. Partway through, I discovered I did not have nearly enough so am working my way around it, I hope!!!! If it looks as good as this one you all have done for the other RR, I will be happy.

I have just found a round I need to do on the right quilt. I now stare at all quilts looking for a different round. This is a lot of work but they did it only on one side so it changes the lay out of the center which was kinda cool. I also want to do a brick type round and I need to do a total checkerboard on the right round and I lol can keep up on these round robins for a long time. this is good.. Sandy cant wait to see what you have done.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Dear Road Runner's.... I finished my round for Teresa's block this afternoon. It is totally different from what I first had decided to do. My problem was finding something to match. The paper-pieced green triangles and the blue/brown paisley looking stuff I really liked but then discovered I only had a FQ of it. Alas...but it matched the colors so well, I went with it and then had to add something to finish my round. Again, anything I had just was not enough fabric...I have lots of FQ's but have come to realize they are not worth much in this kind of project. So I went with a colorful fabric that had some of the center's colors in it. I know this is a funky looking quilt but I like it. Hope you do, too, Teresa. :-)
    I also have noticed that when I take a picture of a quilt and then view it on my computer, I get a whole new perspective on how it looks. So with that said, I will just attach the pic and let it speak for itself. Brat, I will mail this off Friday as that is our next trip to town. Plus I need that much time to find a box that it will fit in. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Sandy, just a suggestion, but it is usually just as cheap to get the flat rate boxes from the PO and mail it. Medium box is $12 about and then you don't have to buy the insurance because it is included and tracking is included. Otherwise you're going to have to buy them separate. I agree about the FQ's, don't even look at all of mine because I know it's not enough fabric. You just have to go shopping for fabric to match sometimes...just part of a round robin.

Looks awesome.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

So Ladies…where are we?

Who has who's quilt at this point? any new pics to share?

I have Sandy's (almost ready to move on)
    and …
    I also have Miriam's (thinking about this one)

Trying to keep everyone abreast….
    Name:  Photos from Roadrunners copy 5.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  209.1 KB

Blog Entries
    and I have none

Brat's quilt….
    Name:  Photos from Roadrunners copy 6.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  272.4 KB

Teresa's Quilt...
    Name:  Photos from Roadrunners copy 7.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  210.1 KB

Jaba's….. (I hope I have this right)

Name:  Photos from Roadrunners copy 8.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  197.8 KB

Sandy I will post your's soon. I'm finishing up on it. Didn't forget you!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    and I have none
    Soon you will have Sandy's, hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow night.

Blog Entries
    None here. Pout. But the good side of that is that I had both cataract surgeries in the last 3 weeks, and should be fully healed when any arrive ( I think there should only be just Sandy's left for me - right? Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving?? My mother arrives next week - she will be here for 2 weeks. I may need my QB friends to post my bail and provide an alibi for me in about a week. Maybe I'll just grab the turkey and run for the hills.
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Blog Entries
    Teresa, I changed my mind on Jaba's border and the finished one is at post #235....if you want to update the progress pics. :-) I love how you do those pictures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm View Post
    None here. Pout. But the good side of that is that I had both cataract surgeries in the last 3 weeks, and should be fully healed when any arrive ( I think there should only be just Sandy's left for me - right? Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving?? My mother arrives next week - she will be here for 2 weeks. I may need my QB friends to post my bail and provide an alibi for me in about a week. Maybe I'll just grab the turkey and run for the hills.
    I think that I only have Brat's to finish and it wil be on it's way to her but won't start it for a few more days yet as I am still trying to get inspired. Not much Thanksgiving plans for us. Saw all our kids this summer and fall so usually have a quiet turkey day which is fine with me. I have put in my time over the years making huge Thanksgiving dinners for family. Hope your eyes are way better Miriam.

Sandy I still have to mail the fabric to you for your round. I really want to get more of my fabric in the quilt if we can so wait please ok?

I look at Teresas quilt and think wow how we all see things differently and its wild. I mean I saw her center at first and thought blues and the burgundy and here it is more gold and well it looks good if you ask me. Just a massive transformation from the beginning. Mine is gorgeous of course and well majorly perfect for a china doll quilt...then there is Jans and yes its looking good too.. lets see what else is out there.. oh the red/white/blue quilt that is truly pretty love how you put a different border on that one Teresa.. two of one block on one end and two dif on the other.. never would have occurred to me but highly creative. now I cant wait to see what you come up with for Sandys quilt.. that is a cozy red white quilt I recall.. this has been such a QUICK swap I am in love with all of you
    Linda

ps I have jaba's but it will be a while til I can get to it. ok maybe this weekend I have my SON coming to visit next week for four days. I am so surprised and happy.He called yesterday to let me know.. I wish it was another time of year he is such a go go go boy. 24 and he wants out of the house and to do things. He is used to working 14 hour days sitting is not in his DNA. I was like that when I was younger. My sister said she needed a vacation after taking a vacation with me. I planned every day exploring somewhere, horse back riding, snorkeling, vising caves. My boy is like that. but it might snow and rain and well the weather is cooler here tnan in Ca. so wish me luck. I am tired thinking of it! and he loves key word LOVES mommas cooking. His girl makes ricearoni and also kilbasi. he said she is now making tacos too. whoooo whooo. needing a cook book for Christmas that girl is.. .. so I will cook, clean and wear myself out. and I am so happy. I haven't seen him in six months.. this is a lucky thing. remind me of that when I come here and say I dragged myself to the computer I am so pooped out.
    Linda

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast