Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 09-10-2013, 04:56 AM

TRF- you should have gotten Teresa's center on the 7th, they say it was delivered. You haven't said you got it...it is there isn't it????
Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 AM

Oh,yes, it is here! I'm sorry, I thought I had mentioned it earlier - bad me. In fact, I have been busy playing with it every afternoon after work. I mailed out Jan's center to Sandy today, after taking a picture. Now to figure out how to post it... I have been reading the posts about the widths of each round and may be in hiding from the quilt police. I made my round for Jaba's center 6" (finished) wide, should it have been 4" as the first round? Well, too late now. And to make matters worse, that is the width of my round for Teresa, too. aarggg. Now you won't let me play ever again. (going into a dark closet to hide now....)
Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 PM

TRF...no problem, that will just give me an opportunity to make my round 6.12 instead of 6.25 or whatever. Anyhow, I will double check and add on enough to make it come out right. We aren't stressing out on this one remember. :-) Please come out of the dark closet...there are bogiemen in there.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Not a problem, don't hide in a dark closet ....never never....SandyinZ4 would you please post a pic when you receive it? I want to see, miss snoopy me......
Old 09-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Tlambing I got your parcel in the mail today, been a very long day and haven't even opened it yet but will. Just wanted you to know it got here.....
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 AM

Morning sunshines!

OK first off: twinriver sugarpie you cant back out that easily. you started 6.5? then please the next person do a 4.5 round.

NEXT: don't you dare do a 6.15 round or I will come bomp you tlambing. I mean it! wait just registered twinriver did you say your row was 6 in finished? was that after you attached it? your a quarter in short? did I get that? oh dear well that could be interesting for the next person.

please pay attention to what your round should be. if its the first round its 4.5 before you attach it if its the second round it should be 6.5 easy to figure out just look at the work in front of you. alternate sizes please between rounds and it will be so helpful for the next person if your accurate. we can then use easily accessible patterns. gracias!oh yes please post pictures of progress, works in action its fun for everyone to sneak a peak at what is done to their rounds and give good ideas in the mean time to those who are stumped!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:55 AM

OK, I am out of the closet, but still in the dark. When I say my round will be 6" when finished, I meant when the next round is attached to it, so it is 6.25 unfinished (clear as mud?). Now I understand the reasoning behind the sizes, thanks Brat! I just wasn't thinking about what it meant when choosing patterns. I kind of decide on the pattern then move the math around until either it fits or becomes something else.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Morning sunshines!

OK first off: twinriver sugarpie you cant back out that easily. you started 6.5? then please the next person do a 4.5 round.

NEXT: don't you dare do a 6.15 round or I will come bomp you tlambing. I mean it! wait just registered twinriver did you say your row was 6 in finished? was that after you attached it? your a quarter in short? did I get that? oh dear well that could be interesting for the next person.

please pay attention to what your round should be. if its the first round its 4.5 before you attach it if its the second round it should be 6.5 easy to figure out just look at the work in front of you. alternate sizes please between rounds and it will be so helpful for the next person if your accurate. we can then use easily accessible patterns. gracias!oh yes please post pictures of progress, works in action its fun for everyone to sneak a peak at what is done to their rounds and give good ideas in the mean time to those who are stumped!

WHAT? Now how on earth did I get in the middle of this? I was just sitting here minding my own business!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 AM

I might as well jump in to the middle of this conversation because something keeps bugging the back of my mind. I really do understand the part about making each ROUND alternately 4.5 or 6.5 unfinished wide before attaching...I really do. But what I don't understand is...say (just for examples) the center block to begin with is 19.25 or 23.75???? Wouldn't that make a difference in how the next round would fit on??? Am I explaining myself well? If you had block patterns that were 3.5 unfinished (just an example...mine aren't that) and tried to make them fit onto a length of one of the above measurements, it would not reach across and a person would have to adjust the blocks so to speak. So the conclusion I am coming to is that each person has to figure out a border that fits around the previous round and make it fit but mainly be sure that the WIDTH is either 4.5 or 6.5 (4.25 after sewn on or 6.25 after sewn on). Is that correct? Not trying to make this harder... just trying to get my mind wrapped around it. :-) Jaba...I will post pic when I receive! :-)
Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
WHAT? Now how on earth did I get in the middle of this? I was just sitting here minding my own business!

Forgot to add my