Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 09-11-2013, 04:34 PM

You don't even have to ask that ................certainly you are still playing!!! All of us are, that's the fun of it, quilters helping quilters is the way I look at it
Old 09-13-2013, 03:49 PM

TADA!!! Finished Brats round today and it is in the mail to you TwinRiverFarms. Thought I really had this planned out and then was short 8 squares of the white butterfly tone on tone fabric. 4 patch on the ends is all I had enough to do this with. I think it still looks okay, hope you all agree and especially you miss brat. Then I have heard of this happening but it never has to me.....tried to sew my middle finger right into the quilt. Needle from the sewing machine went straight through my fingernail and came out the bottom. S---, almost piddled my pants. If I would have had an earring post long enough I could have stuck it right in. Free pierced finger, what a deal. Can hardly wait until tomorrow and see how sore it is. Time for vodka and tonic now! Anyway here's brat's next border[ATTACH=CONFIG]435781[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1639.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:59 PM

Oh Jan, I bet you will have one SORE finger tomorrow! But the good news is that your round on Brat's center is done and looks great even with the 4-patches in the corners. I think it really makes it zing. I was looking at the 'rules' and it says we have to send our round 1 by Sept. 15th. Does that mean we have to be ready to send it on to the next person by then? If so, I sadly will not make it. I just barely got one edge of my round 1 on TRF's center today. It is looking good, (I think) and I will share a picture. But will probably be next week before I can get more done. On a non-quilting related note, I will have to say how sad it is to see all the rain coming down and the flood waters devastating Colorado. It is my home state and I hate top think of all the devastation it is causing. Sounds like it is a once in a 100 year event. Hope you like the first edge of Rd 1 border, Miriam. (And Jaba...it measures 4.25 when sewn on! Hurray! I am not telling how much figuring I had to do to get it to work!) LOL!
Attached Thumbnails 9-13-large-.jpg  

Last edited by SandyinZ4; 09-13-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:32 PM

Oh My! I'm still cringing Jan! I hope your up on your tetanus shots, and that your not too sore tomorrow.
Brats quilt is beautiful! What a very nice addition your geese are.

Lovin those X's O's Sandy. Those are going to frame that patriotic star grandly.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:33 PM

Brat's quilt has come a long way already!
Next!......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]435811[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails elisabrat.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 07:39 PM

No worries Sandy, round 1 was your original center. We're all ahead of the game, yahoo, our quilts will be done sooner that we expected. If it takes another week you'll still be ahead. Looking good on what you've done so far.
I have a son that lives in Denver and when I talked to him today, he said they have flood watch and constant warnings about each area all through the city. He lives right by a City Park and there's a little creek that runs through it and he said it's over the banks. We had that kind of rain here last week, horrible downpours everyday and in the evening again. Didn't have to water the yard or garden for 7 days and usually have to everyday and could do it twice a day.. It's still very humid here, poured new steps today for our front entry sidewalk and steps up to the house at 2:30 and hubby is still outside trying to get it set enough to leave it. Another hour he says.
Don't fret over your 9/15, you're in good shape.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:50 PM

Boy you're on it Miss Photographer!! I was typing and you were posting. A little slow on the keys here, didn't realize how much you use that "flipper" finger I'm up on the shots so no problem, just un-dunked my finger from the peroxide and put another bandage on it. Trust me I know it's there and am pretty sure I will tomorrow too. It was such a stupid thing to do, have a shake my head on how ignorant a thing it was. Bet it won't happen again!!
I think brat's is looking good too, 2 more rounds and it will be done, TwinRiverFarms and Sandy.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM

Poor Jan, I have been a member of that club before, and it is no fun. Now I have no problem reminding myself to keep my foot away from the pedal whenever my fingers are threading the machine. Heal fast, my dear. Brat's quilt is looking mighty fine! Now I need to start brainstorming for my turn before it gets here. Sandy - the "x" border is awesome! No rush at all, take your time. But I must confess that I mailed Tlambing's to you this morning! And yes, I have taken pictures of it (as well as the famous chicken coop), but DH now tells me that my computer is not letting me download from my camera for some reason. And here I have been blaming myself for being computer-challenged to the hilt. But I hope you will like it , Teresa. I have never appliqued before, decided now was the time to learn. Thank goodness for libraries, QB and my grandma's sewing genes. Hey, it we all finish early can we do it again??
Old 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Love the fabric choices.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:17 PM

I received Jaba's block from TRF today in the mail and Jan, I know you are holding your breath waiting to see. :-) So...attaching a picture.By looks of my pic, the pink is much brighter than it really looks in person so don't panic. It looks really great! I have to confess that I plan to get Miriam's (TRF) other 3 'x & o' edges done first and then start in on yours. After that, I will work on Teresa's. Hope everyone doesn't mind waiting a couple weeks. Promise to try and get them all sent off soon. Jan, also adding on a pic of some fabrics I had in stash and want to know what you think of them. The batik has some cream color in it which is in your corners and I think, since I am doing a 4.25 inch round, I will do a narrow dark purple border. Any opinion? This will make it look more purple than pink though and if you would rather I go with more pink, softer tones, I can do that, too. I may use some of your floral fabric that you enclosed. As I get to working more on it later, I will audition more ideas before I do anything rash! :-) Just wanted you to see progress.
To change the subject..here is a link to some of the photos of the devastation in Colorado flooding.
So sad! Here is a link to pics from today.
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09...erial-views/#1
Attached Thumbnails 9-14a-large-.jpg   9-14b-large-.jpg