Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 09-17-2013, 06:25 AM

Brat, I am taking Thurs and Friday to set up and then my sale is Sat 8-2pm. Hubby is letting me use part of the garage so by the time I move the vehicles out, sweep, cover up (with sheets) all of the stuff he doesn't want in view, set up tables and then unpack and mark all my many accumulated boxes of stuff, I will be ready for Saturday. Plus a quilting friend is bring over stuff on Friday, too so we will be busy with setting up things. I am glad to get rid of it so I can concentrate on quilting for the rest of the year! I am anxious to start work on Jaba's block. It is going to be very pretty.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM

A last minute post before I head off to bed. I finally finished my round on Miriam's block today. All went well until the last edge and then I could never get the corner blocks to fit! I must have taken those pesky things apart and remade them at least 3 times. Finally, I think I got it done. I think I do not want to be a pattern designer. Why I could do two and then not do the other two the same, I will never know. Must have been those quilt gremlins hanging around! Anyhow, here 'tis and hope you like it TRF. :-) Now- drum roll...I have been so lucky to get to see what Miriam (TRF) did to Teresa's block first before anyone else. I am still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. I love it plus I can hardly wait to see what she does to mine. :-) I think this is one of the neat things about doing a round robin, since this is my first. But so fun to get to see what you all come up with. Things I would NEVER have even thought of and what wonderful ideas. For instance, on Jan's (Jaba) I can just imagine the quilting on the solid fabric with a light purple thread and a swirly design and it will really set off the rest of the quilt. As for my red & white one...all I can think of is red and white but no designs so am curious to see what you all come up with! :-) Okay...enough rattling on. Will attach pics and Brat, I will mail off the package to you tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails miriam-9-18-large-.jpg   teresa-9-17a-large-.jpg   teresa-9-17b-large-.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 04:29 AM

Oh things are coming out so pretty! that is wonderful twinrivers! and the red white blue well I think that is going to be so grand I might have to keep it and not send it on! ok I wont but it is great. You know it is terrifically fun to see what everyone does .. each sees a center with their own eyes and the end result is we will have a quilt top made with friendship and lots of hard work and a vision that is varied as much as the quilters are. I love how special that is.

I will reiterate here that if you go back to the last years round robin done by Dragonfly nana (check her posts its 2012/2013 I think in photos) and go through all 11 pages. You will see centers some you love some maybe not as much. then you watch the progress. Sometimes I shook my head thinking what the heck? yet in the end there was this cohesive feel to each and every one. Some changed dramatically from the start.. some followed the original design colors more and yet they all worked in the end. every single one of them. So if your worried if your center is going somewhere you hadn't planned keep an open mind. They might just surprise you in the end. Honestly its a blind faith thing.. but if you keep the faith.. what a lovely gift might just be awaiting you at the end of the round robin. Hugs to all!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:13 AM

Your X's and O's turned out great for that border, that quilt just has a regal USA look to it. The flowers are beautiful, sure sets that quilt off! Love the buttons for the centers. You must have intuition Sandy, just got my thread order yesterday from Superior Threads. I ordered a variegated thread that goes from a very light lavender, to light purple to silver for my quilt. Now I need to think of a swirly pattern Sent Brat's center to TRF's and it should have been delivered on the 16th, hope it got there okay.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:24 AM

OMG! What a nice surprise to wake up to! Love the orange and the appliquéd flowers. And, being a button person...those button centers are great for me <3 Wow, thanks TRF.

Sandy your x's and O's are fantastic! Really brings it together.

Next......
Old 09-19-2013, 10:27 AM

Tlambing progress:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436928[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photos-roadrunners.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 10:29 AM

TwinRiverFarm progress:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photos-roadrunners-copy.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 02:53 PM

Ooohh! I just LOVE the R/W/B X's ! Thank you Sandy! Teresa, so glad you like buttons, I really had fun making them (and keeping them away from my cats!). Jaba, I have not received Brat's package as of today, I'm afraid. I'm going to check out the tracking site for the PO.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Please let me know, I just checked again and it said it was delivered on the 16th. # 9114901075742466418522
Old 09-20-2013, 12:54 AM

did it show up????

Teresa thank you so much for the updates they are wonderful. I could never do that but it is so fun to watch them grow right before your eyes