Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 AM

Will check with the PO today , can't go until they open at 1:30p.m. but will see what I can find out. TRF's how far is Newport News, VA. from you, is that your main sort facility? Maybe it's just in waiting there to go on to your town. Hope we can track it down fast, say some prayers to the quilt gods please....Or we will all start over on brat's.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 AM

Okay peoples just wrote Miriam and think we got it figured out. Don't know how she got the others that I sent, just luck. Called a post master friend of mine and she tracked it down for me. It's on it's way to TRF's house as we speak. On the main list we got for addresses the zip code is wrong. Don't want to publish it here but if you need it PM one of us or be sure to look it up . Miriam you should get it soon!!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 AM

YEA! I'm so glad you tracked it down! I was dreaming of making a thousand 1" squares all over again
Old 09-20-2013, 10:58 AM

And I was thinking that now I would have an excuse to go buy some of that gorgeous fabric (of course, only to remake the center for Brat, certainly not for my own stash, no, no. ) Good job on the detective role, Jaba. Some nice person at the USPS has evidently been changing the zip on all your previous envelopes to me, but they must of had a day off.
Newport News is about 30 miles away, I'll probably get it monday or tuesday. Breathe, Linda, breathe....
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 PM

I thought of you Teresa and knew you would just be over-joyed to do those all again and then I thought flying geese again? Kept telling myself they went South......Got it all straightened out now, at least I think so. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow and by the 1st part of next week. Then I will breathe for sure. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:58 PM

twinrivers if you would like more fabric I can send some just let me know when you decide on what your going to do ok? Jaba said there was plenty but I do have the other patterns also.

why does it not surprise me that I transposed a zip code number??? I know none of you are shocked. sigh.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:41 PM

She's here!! And a beautiful job by everyone! So rest easy, ladies, Elizabrat's quilt is safe and sound. Jaba, I LOVE the little butterflies on your white fabric, just so perfect. So my round is to be 4" (finished and with next round attached) right? Hmmmm.....
Old 09-23-2013, 05:01 PM

So glad it got there, thanks for letting us all know. Yes your round is 4" finished, 4 1/2" unfinished, when you sew it on brat's quilt it should measure 4 1/4" . Thanks heavens, I can breathe a little easier, just wanted it to arrive......
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 AM

phew! my little beauty made it there. you all are doing such beautiful work on my quilt I am so excited to see what happens next! I cut all the pieces I need for Sandys red white quilt. I have sewn 1/3 of them together and well maybe today I can attack the rest with vigor! vim! and um a bunch of energy! I have my machine buttoned down so to speak right now afraid of that darned cat and his curiosity. I take the thread out which I hate doing and put itin a box now at night so no way in heck it can be a temptation. Where there is a will there is a way and that cat is well willful? lol. I made a killer brownie cake yesterday with a cream cheese/whipped layer then a choc pudding layer and then a whipped cream topping with choc shavings on it. Steve will munch that til its dust. I won't eat a bite. Not my thing too much but well sitting there it just came to me to make something. ever do that? even if you wont eat it? fajitas tonight with some rice and beans and we will have a pretty easy day all in all. love days like that. oh and fish Jaba I have your fish can bill pick it up on his way home? brown trout and cutthroat two pretty ones
Old 09-24-2013, 02:20 PM

Ooooh Brat, I am excited to see what all those little pieces will turn into. Please take your time though because I am on hold for a little bit. We are headed off for a small vacation to visit relatives on the 1st and will be home around the 9th of October and then I will get right on Jan's block and after that, Teresa's. At least I will have some time to figure out what to do for both of them. I think we are ahead of schedule anyhow and I promise I will have both of them sent off to you by end of October. So, Jan and Teresa, you will just have to remain on pins and needles until I get back. I promise to audition any wild ideas I might have and see what you think before I do the sewing on with little tiny stitches part. :-)