Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

• Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 09-25-2013, 06:23 AM

how did that garage sale go?? make millions and millions? could you buy a power ball ticket for me with all those millions so I can join you in fabric heaven when we go shopping together? I think you have plenty of time and if we have to tap toes waiting on stuff so be it. Have we seen all five of our centers here? I don't think so but I cant remember sigh.. the other day I had to call Jan and ask her how to do binding. I was sitting there at the machine and suddenly.. could not recall it at all. I was so not happy with that. as soon as she told me how to lay the two strips to sew them together it clicked again. I have done lots and lots of binding strips. I just went.. blank. oh so wonderful to have a friend who doesn't laugh at me and says its ok just do this. bingo! how wonderful is that! my very own by phone private quilting instructor who is available all day long to assist me. wowsa

Yes we have officially plenty of time between rounds. That said keeping things moving well ahead of a deadline is not a bad thing either. it gets these things finished quickly and well who doesn't like having things move quickly when it comes to YOUR quilt? I love it myself. I am praying to get mine done in time for Valentines day as a gift which is two months early I think. this is when quick is a good thing
    Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 AM

DId you want to see all 5 of the centers before we started? or are you asking to see them how they are now?
    Here's how they started...... again
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]438043[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails roadrunners.jpg  
    Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 AM

Today's the day..................HAPPY HAPPY BRAT!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]438059[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails birthday-glitter-1.gif  
    Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 PM

I love seeing them all together. thanks Teresa its wonderful. I finished my round today on Sandy's red and white quilt . We spoke on the phone and agreed on what to do to square up the block a bit and I changed out the thin white strip with a wider red and white busier strip. then I added my 4.5" blocks which didn't quiet fit on an 18.5" center well. what was I thinking lol but it looks pretty good and now measures a grand 26.5" so as it moves around it will only grow larger and lovelier I think. I will post pictures tomorrow. took them tonight but I am so tired I will have oto post. Teresa if you get a better pic please feel free to take it and use that one after you receive it. I am sure you will do your magic on it. I used a darker red but the center red is more a bright cherry red then the one I used. Hope that is ok. red is such a.. finicky little color. It can be tough to match from your own stash but I think.. even a variety will end up looking pretty good in the end. the overall look vs each individual round. hope so anyways
    Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 AM

Red-red-red...I know it has a million shades...but each one of you that adds to my block will mean more to me than the shade of red you choose to put on. I am going to love and treasure it. Just because I have not been activiely working on Jan and Teresa's blocks doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about them. Ideas are tumbling around in my head and I know that something wonderful will come up and inspire me. Thanks Brat, for 'fixing' my block. I learned a lesson from it and that sometimes there is too little time and too much to do. I should have taken a bit more time and done it better. That is precisely why I am not rushing the other two out the door. Glad you gave us a large time span to have our assigned round done by. Oh, as to garage sale, I have always heard that one either makes money or gets rid of 'stuff' and we did the latter. Most things I had were under $10 down to .25 and I only had to move one box of things back into the shed. So there is a lot more room and I am happy as are the folks who bought the dishpans and washtubs, old shovels, etc. As to those of you who have children moving out...especially if it is the last one...tough. Been there..done that...but just be proud that you raised them well enough that they feel confident that they want to go out on their own. That is life and it has been going on for centuries. You can always talk on the phone or email. It will get better and in the end, you will be proud of them. That being said, tears are okay for now. Been there - done that..too! Hugs!
    Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 AM

Here's Sandy's first round. It's terrific Brat!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]438884[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails photos-roadrunners-copy-3.jpg  
    Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 AM

Here we all are at round 1
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]438886[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails photos-roadrunners-copy-4.jpg  
    Old 09-30-2013, 01:16 PM

WooHoo! Looking good. I can see a heavy burden is on my shoulders when we get back from our trip. Have some ideas in my head though so you all will just have to wait a bit longer. Brat, I love what you did with my center. They really are quite a variety of imaginations. Love them all! Thanks so much!
    Old 10-02-2013, 05:19 AM

I am a bugger I haven't mailed that red/white round today I will get it out. what a dork. saw it on my counter I had moved it to the back corner which is a death wish here. If put mail outs on the outside corner its not there its not a worry. argh! bad bad brat! ENJOY YOUR TRIP SANDY!!!! IT SOUNDS MARVELOUS!!!!!! post when you get a chance show us your quilt store stops (lol) surely you will make at least ..one...
    Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 AM

twinrivers do you want your red/white blue to be more red tea colored crème and blue or true red white blue please advise so I can do my round of snowballs on it. I think it will be cute with the x's and now a row or o's .. sound ok with you just need to get the white/cream part decided by you. so let me know!!!