Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Well, I think the old looking cream white/red/blue as long as you don't have to go out and buy any. I am actively working on your quilt this afternoon. I will not have very much of your fabric to send on to Sandy for her turn, I'm afraid. I actually had in my stash the same WOW that you used in the center, thank goodness. I'm still playing with the layout.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:22 PM

I will pop over to Sandy some fabric thanks for the heads up. sure its Sandy? Sandy sends to me so that would be the last round then?

I have lots of cream love the vintage look it took when the last round was added so I think going more that way is just fine. in fact I have some tea stained fabric that I made with good cotton not muslim. I have the design in my head just needed the color ok from you first. phew!!! thanks Miriam

I finally lazily sent on the red/white center to Teresa in CA. it was sitting on my counter no excuse. Sandy was so sweet as to mail me some cool holiday fabric, a lovely card and a bunch of stamps so I could easily send out my packages and still it sat there on the counter OMG loaf! what a loaf! I get lost sometimes on pull that address out and then fling the thought goes right out of my head and well that is how packages sit on the counter in plain sight so often. sheesh. I drive myself nuts with my forgetfulness. must kill you guys!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:30 PM

it is Sandy and I will mail her some fabric do you need any I have plenty just didn't want to mail it all to everyone to have to post the extra cost.. send me a Pm if you need more twinrivers I have some of the center and some of the circle one.. and some butterfly but not sure on that one.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:22 AM

Thanks, Linda, but I have enough and the round is finished. I will send on about a fat quarter of the circles. And I must say, a 4 1/4" round is tougher to plan than a 6 1/4" round, IMHO.
Now don't waste a minute worrying about your forgetfulness. I spent a frantic 10 minutes in my car rummaging through my bag for my car keys before I finally realized I had the car running all the time. Duh.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:30 AM

Lmaorof om my gosh I have done that too.. actually had my glasses on my head where I wear them all the time and spent 10 minutes looking all over for them. love that one. not a first either. Miriam you and I have such similar loves for the same fabrics. I will shop your store anytime I saw the new one by on of kaufmans artists all the indian style and guilding.. ooooo la la I want it. pashima? think that's it. of course I could just dive into all of his fabrics with a bit of glitz. When I was a kid cards with a bit of glitter? on them always caught my eye, valentines? OH YEAH. birthday cards? oh yeah.. so now as an adult I put it in my fabrics .. uh less on your face this way. but I do put some on pine cones each and every year. can't help it. my sister gives me only cards that sparkle.. it gives me a kick and I am 52. big old kid inside. yup.. sorry to have decimated your stash would you like some of that back? I have more you know..
Old 10-10-2013, 01:32 PM

Hello everyone, I am back from warm, sunny California and anticipating cold weather here in Idaho. Ready to start on Jan's round. So...Jan...here are my ideas. I have 4.5 inches to work with so here are my thoughts. Would you rather have a staggered brick pattern of 2 darks and a light or a nine patch all around? Either choice would have a very slender dark purple strip next to the part that is already done to break up where my round begins. Plus, I figured I could adjust the dark purple strip to whatever width I needed to get to my 4.5 (4.25 finished) I will attach my crude drawing and see if you can get an idea from it. Someday I am going to try and see what that quilt designer thing is that some gals here have. Looks really handy. On the staggered brick one, I would use some of your center fabric that is light with the floral design as the lighter brick and then the two darker fabrics for the other two shades. Also, since you wanted to see pics, here is one of my daughter Kym and I. She cooked an artichoke, which I had never eaten before. I have to say I wasn't impressed. Lots of work for not much of anything to eat. As soon as you give me input, I will start in on it. Or...if you would rather I do something different with HST's or something else-toss those ideas out. Anyone else care to jump in?
Attached Thumbnails 001-large-.jpg   kym-mom.jpg  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:44 PM

Nice pic Sandy, I know exactly how you feel with those artichokes. So much work to take that little piece of leaf and scrape it off with your teeth for a tiny taste. Gourmet I guess I am not.
As for the quilt, whatever you think would look the best. It's so hard to tell in a pic and I'm such a hands on person makes it difficult. Both look very nice to me. Whatever you think I'm sure will be perfect.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:02 AM

I love ARTICHOKES. you guys are nutbars! they are so good especially the hearts. oh yum! a bit of mayo on the end and if you eat one of those things your stuffed in the end. some dip in butter or garlic butter. worsed way to eat them: STUFFED. stupid and messy. now there are some grand dips with just the hearts and well growing up in CA there are a hundred ways to put them in pasta, roast the hearts.. if you take the outer leaves off and use just the center half.. they can cook up very soft. pressure cooker? easy breezy. lol. funny how many different types of foods that each section of the country uses. I lived in Az and found it was much like CA. Here in Wy its quiet a bit different than CA.

now to go onto sewing. I have two doll quilts to finish but will finish one start one and whip around the red/cream/blue quilt .. that I know what to do I am going snowballs as well its got a row of x's so a row of o's is a no brainer hope that works twin rivers. thinking just red and cream or perhaps I should still go red/cream blue?? what do you guys think? would that be weird?? it so far is all three colors.. hum...
Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 AM

Sandy perhaps if you use colored pencils to depict your concepts it might be easier? I don't know that programs name but I do know the woman who runs the wall hanging swap Rhonda? she has it.. you might ask her she loves it and uses it all the time. Jaba do you have that program??
Old 10-11-2013, 07:42 AM

Artichokes are a delicacy! I agree Brat. Stuffing them is stupid. I have learned to enjoy them plain. (better for my weight that way)

Hopefully Ill receive a top today I have the whole wknd free! That doesn't happen very often. I just have about 15 ny beauty arcs to pin and ease in. No prob.

Hope everyone has a great wknd!