Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 10-12-2013, 07:37 PM

Hi friends, They say...good things come to those who wait...so you who are waiting for me to get the rounds done on your centers, please be patient. :-) But I am encouraged because I posted in another thread here a few weeks ago about my dilemma of adding rounds and a member recommended a book. It arrived today and I am so pleased with it. So Jan...your quilt border just got revised. You said you wanted a gentle soft look so I am going to do a woven ribbon type look for my turn on yours. That way I can incorporate the two shades of dark purple and use your pale flowery print for the background parts. I think it will look fabulous. Actually, it is called Twisted Ribbon variation and it has directions for how to make the border FIT!!! That is the part I have been struggling with. The book was used (through Amazon) and only cost me 58 CENTS ( I am bragging here) although postage was around $4 but still well worth it. So give me a few days to get the math figured out and then it will be on it's way to Miss Brat. I think it is going to look really great. Oh...minor detail..the book is called Borders By Design by Paulette Peters. Hope everyone is doing well...and Brat, I am still floored by the salesmen who ripped off your DH.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 AM

I gave up on being angry with the MULCH mobile. it is off to do laundry so I don't have to see it or listen to it yahoo!

Sandy wow sounds like a GREAT book! I think that will make a very nice round. Jaba, did you post the pic of your sampler quilt you made with different borders? she has done a great job working with many borders so she is now our resident expert of variety and how they work together. I think she did a slim round of one solid then another border on hers if I am not mistaken and it came out really nice. I am a pictorial kind of quilter I have to see it to.. get it? and boy is that a great way to see it

I am doing my 0's today. should get that done and heck yeah 6.5 is easier it also seems faster and the pieces are a bit bigger too. lazy rear I know. It so far is a 'gloomy' morning which is grand for sewing. you want to just keep warm, stay inside and well if your doing this.. might as well SEW! yippee! today is my Saturday and while I should be cleaning I would rather be sewing and that always wins out. no one pop by today and no one will notice its not clean! yeah!!! think I have to use blue red cream and well I am pooped out from just red and white for now.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:55 PM

ok finished my round on twinrivers block. This is what came to me, dumb bunny. I 'borrowed' ok STole the instructions for our swap from the one run by dragonflynana. The trouble with this is while the 12.5" and 24.5 inch centers work with a 4.5 and a 6.5 round a 18.5" block does not. The block sizes going up do not divide into even blocks. so.. in an effort to make up for my not thinking this all through I added a border in the middle so that when the center now goes off to Teresa she can just 'whip' up a 4.5 inch round no troubles at all and same with Jaba when she gets it next.

if your having trouble getting your centers to work talk with me and maybe we can come up with a mathematical solution. (ha come to me , uh come to Jaba or tlambing first who am I kidding!) wil post pictures later or tomorrow at the latest I have to upload them all to facebook first so I can attach the web page to put them here.. pain in the rear. I want my windows xp back!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:12 PM

It will be fun to see what you gals come up with!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM

This has been interesting reading all of this at once and seeing all the pictures. I am so wanting to do a round robin also. Will have to keep my eyes open for one to join the next time.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok finished my round on twinrivers block. This is what came to me, dumb bunny. I 'borrowed' ok STole the instructions for our swap from the one run by dragonflynana. The trouble with this is while the 12.5" and 24.5 inch centers work with a 4.5 and a 6.5 round a 18.5" block does not. The block sizes going up do not divide into even blocks.
That is what you get for "stealing" LOL just kidding... how do you think I got them? The key component is to the size statement from x to x is "divisible by three" which I also forgot. Ha Ha

We quilter always figure it out somehow.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:30 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]441466[/ATTACH] twin rivers this is your next round.. hope you like it. I had thought the round before with all the x's was so active that it needed a quieter round. It should be ready for Teresa (tlambing) to jump right on it. waiting to make sure she got the other round I sent her before I send this one on..with luck tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails 1267951_713829978631171_396151187_o.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Nice! Nice! NIce! I have your round done also, wanted to give Sandy a few days to get caught up before sending it on to her.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:16 PM

Very nice round Brat. Love the calming effect with just a little pizzaz.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM

Hi everyone,
Nice to see what you did, Brat. The red really sets off the center section.
Miriam, you can send the package any time. It will just get in line behind Jan's and Teresa's. Sorry to be holding everyone up. :-( I am not doing so well with following directions in the book I bought. But the main thing is I just have not been able to be quilting as much as I want right now. Seems like other things in life keep popping up.
I do have a small section of the 'twisted ribbon' border made but it has been a difficult journey. I have had to do lots of ripping out and resizing of little blocks. By the time I get finished with Teresa's that will be my 3rd 4.5 inch round. I am really looking forward to doing a large one. Please know that I am not complaining, just want you all to know that I feel this is a learning process and the most difficult part is getting the border I choose to make...to fit around the edge I have to work with. In Jan's case, it is 32" on one side so that makes it hard to divide and keep within the perameters of only doing a 4.5" round. So if you please have patience with me, I will get them all done, for sure by 2nd week of November. I hope to have Jaba's done by this weekend if I can figure out how to swing around the corners and still make it look nice. Will show a pic when I get the first edge done and that way, I will know I can make the other 3 sides. Hope you all aren't too disappointed in my slowness. ~Sandy