Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 PM

Jan, you should have Sandy's quilt tomorrow. Please let me know when it's there
Old 11-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Got it !!!! Now to do something with it.....Physical therapy tomorrow for 2 hours and then I'll start thinking.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:17 PM

Hi 4-R ladies, I am glad that Brat has not sent her extra fabric to me yet. I tried to sew some little thing today and my sewing machine sewed horribile. I adjusted the tension every way I could and it still won't sew right. I took bobbin out and cleaned lint out, even though I do this very frequently. Will show to DH tomorrow and give him a lesson in tension adjustment and if he can't figure it out, off we will go Monday to the sewing machine place. I can't imagine what has gone wrong. :-( Feeling bad!
Old 11-22-2013, 04:59 AM

Sandy if you didn't take the whole bobbin case out do that too, lots of lint gets under there. Some of the things I do ....bobbin case first, clean tension discs for lint, be sure and do this with a small brush or dental floss, just a tiny bit can get in there and really screw up a machine, re-thread the machine, new needle and new bobbin. Sometimes it's just the bobbin itself that in some way was wound wrong. If all that fails, I start from zero on the tension adjustment and then keep turning it tighter just a little at a time, sew a little distance and check it, turn some more, sew, etc. and see if it will reset itself that way. Maybe one of these will help.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sandy if you didn't take the whole bobbin case out do that too, lots of lint gets under there. Some of the things I do ....bobbin case first, clean tension discs for lint, be sure and do this with a small brush or dental floss, just a tiny bit can get in there and really screw up a machine, re-thread the machine, new needle and new bobbin. Sometimes it's just the bobbin itself that in some way was wound wrong. If all that fails, I start from zero on the tension adjustment and then keep turning it tighter just a little at a time, sew a little distance and check it, turn some more, sew, etc. and see if it will reset itself that way. Maybe one of these will help.
Hi Jaba and everyone, I have an inexpensive Viking that is about 10 years old. I clean my bobbin case out religiously, take my machine in for deep cleaning once a year, (just took it in this past July)and fortunately, I do not have tension discs to clean lint out of, nor do I have to oil my machine. My bobbins are all wound correctly because I mark which side is out when I wind the bobbin so that is always right. I really like owning it because it is such a simple machine. But today was such a nice day that we decided to take it to the shop (55 miles one way) and see if they could figure out what was wrong. It still sewed wonky when they tried it so they kept it and will see what is wrong. They said that it is still a machine and sometimes, something gets out of place. So I may not have it back for two weeks (Uggh!) because of turkey day being in the middle of next week. So, good thing Linda/Brat is not in a hurry for me to work on her quilt top. Will give me time to figure out what to do. I am thinking stars for my border part but have not settled on that for sure as of yet. So, while I wait for it to get back, I can get the fabrics figured out for my DGD's quilt that must be started soon!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 AM

Hope they get it figured out for you and that it is a quick fix. Haven't take your top out of the bag yet Sandy. Don't know what happened to my back and hip again, sciatic nerve is pinching so I'm back on the muscle relaxers and pain pills and the heating pad is the best relief. Can't do the stairs to my sewing room. Hubby brought up a couple of things for me yesterday and I sewed in the upstairs sewing room but sure don't like that machine as well as my main one. Sewed 12 4 patches together was all for a disappearing 9 patch and thought I'd never get done. And I mean just sewed together no slice and dice and resew. Not going to be any sewing today either I'm afraid, the nerve is just letting me know exactly where it is.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Jan wish I had a magic wand for you. No I wouldn't use it on sewing those dp4's together.. love you girl. try to relax ha .. ok take 2 more pain pills you will be comatose like and well if it has no pain and your napping well that is ok isn't it? sorta? oh fine you want to function too... why didn't you say so!

I am relaxing with Alex enjoying our time and will be back in full force on Sunday afternoon.. xox!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:29 PM

Jan, sending good thoughts for you to be better soon. No hurry on my quilt top. Brat will be getting hers sometime in Decemebr so if I don't get mine until after Christmas, that is ok...or even in Jan. I am in no hurry. Would rather you not be in pain if I had my druthers. Brat, post some pics of having good times with your son. I am making good use of time with no machine and doing things that I don't need one for. Getting together some leader-ender piles to run thru machine when it is back and looking through stash for fabrics for the cat quilt.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 AM

Hopefully this will go away soon and the sooner the better!! I need to get downstairs in my sewing cave. Sandy if you don't find cat fabric in your stash I just saw some on sale $4.99 yard on JoAnn's website and free shipping today. You might take a look.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:15 PM

Hi Jan, Hope you are feeling better. I don't need cat fabric per se. I am making a quilt with cats on it...my own pattern and will be quite a challenge..I think. Will let you all know when I get a good start on it and see how things go.